Friday, April 27, 2012

subliminal: adjective

without awareness: entering, existing in, or affecting the mind without conscious awareness

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's challenge day in order to keep up with the man cards that I need for my upcoming craft sale! Yay for challenges, they keep me motivated and they give me ideas! I Love challenges!

First one is from Frosted Designs: Card Sketch #17

I never thought that I would get a chance to use the " Happy Bird Day " stamp on a man's birthday card until I started putting this together. I cut the Birdie word from the golf pattern paper and then stamped the Happy Bird day over that. Subliminal pun!

pattern paper - Karen Foster
Everday Paper Dolls cartridge, p. 54 golf tee
stamps by CARDZTV


Second challenge is from Fantabulous Cricut: Challenge Me Monday #108
called On the Go, projects with a car, bike, plane, or train

Also being entered in paper Playtime: Challenge #72 Say it With Sentiments theme "Birthday Card"

Another subliminal pun message with the sentiment "Over the Hill", flying over the hills...lol...you think they will get it?

Everyday Paper dolls, p.66 plane
Sandy Lion stickers
stamp by CARDZTV
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And then a challenge for me! yay!  Cricut Circle Magazine has a Banner Year challenge, where you must make a banner using at least 4 Cricut cuts. So, I made one for my art desk, something I can look up at while creating and make me smile! So ta dah..here it is!

Paisley cartridge, p. 40 butterfly
Stretch Your Imagination cartridge, p. 37 flower and p. 63 birdhouse
Winter Wonderland, p. 59 bird



I did take a little white paint on my finger to give the birdhouse a white wash look. The letters on the banner have been covered with Glossy Accents to make sure the letters stay stuck, and the banner is also outlined with stickles. The stickers are from American Girl and there are micro beads added to the center of the 2 sticker flowers.

And the eagle eyes out there might notice a sticker on my shelf that says "you did it!", well I placed that there over a year ago after I got my first card accepted for publication and I have left it there to remind me of that feeling that day when I got an e-mail saying my card had been accepted. I remember dancing through the house chanting, "I'm gonna be published!! " lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In the hills of North Carolina

link 'er up!

10 comments:

Redanne said...

Three great pieces there Sandee, I love the subliminal element and that golf ball looks almost real, great job. Anne x

CraftygasheadZo said...

Super male cards and I love that bunting! Zo xx

Mary Pat Siehl said...

ok that is just too cute!! great job

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OK, here I am again. Kathy sent me a Pinterest invitation, so I thought "well why not, since I'm on the internet more than I'm making art these days!" When I clicked to join, I found I had to sign in or sign up with a facebook or twitter account, neither of which I have OR have time for. I'm a blogger, and it's too bad Pinterest won't accept me for who I am, not what they want me to be.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Hee hee! Love the Over the Hill card. I think most folks wouldn't mind flying over the hills (to some dream vacation destination, of course). That banner is very cool too and it would make me smile to see it every day as well.

Ann said...

Great subliminal pun! Very clever card - thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

Stampalicious said...

great project, thank you for joining our challenge at Frosted Designs, hugs, martina

Cindy Beland said...

GREAT job with all your AWESOME project!Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)

Joanne said...

Love your golf card! I'm an addicted golfer and would love to receive this! Thanx for playing along with us at Frosted Designs! ALoha!

AmyJRockstar said...

Awesome projects Sandee! I love your use of that stamp for the golf card! I will definitely use that on my FIL's next golf b-day card. Thanks for the great tip! ;) So pleased you joined us for FCCB's challenge this week! I LOVE your subtle message. ;) LOL That's fantastic! I'm also a new follower! :)

XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT member & New follower)
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com