Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pinterest: noun

the new place to find inspiration for creativity

I am co-hosting Project Pinterest with Sarah over at It's on the tip of my tongue! I am so excited to be doing this with her! Make sure to pop over there to see projects created by other Pinnerettes!

and my motto is:
Pinned Image

The day is here to post a project that you made using a pin as your inspiration. It does not have to be huge or complicated; it can be as simple as seeing if a seed is still viable:


pin brought to you by Fun Classroom Activities
( always give credit, please )

or as elaborate as this, and this one was an epic fail for me. Just to show you that you don't have to share success, failure needs to be shared too.  ;)

pin brought to you by Simply Spray
Pinned Image

So here is my back porch swing chair that I wanted to paint using  Simply Spray, it is old and I was really hoping to revive it with some upholstery fabric paint.

Unfortunately I did not read their directions on their web site:

"Because the paint absorbs into the material and stays soft (instead of hardening on top of materials), the material you are painting must be lighter than the color of the paint you are using for color to show correctly. You can paint a tan couch black, but you can’t paint a black couch tan. The paint is not opaque so it cannot make darker colors lighter."

If I had read the above, I would have realized that my green stripe was not going to get covered by the paint. Also, they don't have a color swatch and I guessed at my color choice....oh bad mistake, very bad mistake! lol This is my result using 3 cans of their paint. A costly lesson, but oh well, I tried!
But I should add that the pin picture made it look like you can paint a darker furniture a lighter color with success. :( Nevertheless I should have read the FAQ's.

Thank goodness I also painted the furniture too! lol Back to slip covering!

So whether it was a fantastic success, an epic fail, or anything in between, post it and tell us about your experience. Just make sure to give credit where it's due ;) Sarah and I will each choose a favorite project each week and feature the "winning" project on the next week's Project Pinterest post and you'll get this "I've Been Featured on Project Pinterest" button to proudly display on your blog!

It's on the Tip of My Tongue

1.  Enter the URL of your blog post here - NOT your homepage. It makes it easier for everyone to find your project!

2. All projects should be Pinterest inspired AND include a link to the original source or pin. This is just etiquette folks, always support your source!

3. You can enter previously pinned projects as long as they haven't been linked up before!

Please use the Project Pinterest button on your post and tell others to link up their Pinteresting Project!

YOUR BLOG NAME




 
 








 

8 comments:

Kim said...

Sandee!!!! I like the cushion! I think it turned out great. :)
Waving at you from (finally) sunny CA.

Pat N. said...

The frame turned out nice, Sandee!

Redanne said...

Well Sandee, I think it looks much better than it did before, even if it was a costly exercise, it has really freshened it up.

SarahinSC said...

Those darn FAQs that we forget to read have such important info in them! Now you know!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow, that cushion just turned into a funky mess didn't it? Maybe you need a black cushioned couch?!

Unknown said...

Great refurbishing! love it

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

About a year or so ago, I wrote a tutorial in exchange for some free Simply Spray. The company sent me the spray and I used it to shibori dye some fabric (click shibori dyeing on my right sidebar and you will see the tutorial and followup blog post). I was SO frustrated when I had some of the paint left over and quickly learned the next day that the paint doesn't want to spray the second time around. Because I was starting with either white fabric or colors that I would be using black with, I had NO idea your problem would happen. Of course, I wasn't all that impressed with the colors they sent me, but they were free, so I had no say in the matter.

And speaking of asking (which I always do), may I add your blog to my left side bar?

Hippie Diva said...

I thought this turned out really good actually! I has more character now :) I had never heard of fabric paint before, I'll have to add this to the list of things to try!