Friday, April 20, 2012

criteria: noun

an accepted standard used in making a decision or judgment about something

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First up, Challenge Me Monday #107 from Fantabulous Cricut and Cricut Cardz Challenge #106  from CARDZ TV, where we are to  "Make a project with an umbrella, rain, or clouds on it."
Well at first I couldn't think of a way to make a manly card using any of that criteria, until I thought about this image from Paper Dolls cartridge, I combined the tree landscape and clouds to create this Happy Birthday card. ( sorry the rub on sentiment does not show up well in the photo ). 
The ballon was made using a hole punch, a snippet of red paper for the balloon lip and a single strand of floss.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had gotten away from CPS Card Sketches but it sure does help to have a sketch to follow. This one is their sketch #261. I used 3 different pine papers and inked around the edges ( all from stash ) to layer with and then fussy cut the cardinal out from another paper. The oval die was cut from my Cricut cartridge, French Manor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and you might remember my ever evolving wreath, where I have the embellishments on pins so that they can be removed or moved around as needed and then kept for another time.

This is third evolution for this wreath:
2.spring wreath ( shows how I make the pins )

Unique Crafters April Challenge #2  and the theme is paper flowers
Flower Shoppe cartridge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to load up your Pinterest inspired project that I am now co-hosting with Sarah!

YOUR BLOG NAME

16 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous cards Sandee and I love the wreath, its beautiful especially those lovely butterflies. Gorgeous selection of projects :)

Have a fab day, luv Karen xx

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh wonderful! i love the balloon floating off in the distance on the first one! fab!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

awesome projects!!!

Redanne said...

Lovely cards Sandee and I do like that wreath, it is very pretty. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Creative Diva said...

Hello! Stopping by your blog to check out your amazing project. Love how the balloon floats above the sky. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...loVely cards Sandee & a gorgeous garland too...Mel :)

Mrs A. said...

I'm so in love with your Cardinal card. Like the idea of your ever changing wreath with the seasons too. Yes I did knit my carrot on my card.I have a whole book of knitted flowers and fruit!! Hugs Mrs A .

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I like the cards, even though I'm not a card maker. It's always good to have a template, something ABs don't have.

Nicole said...

Great card! I love the scene. It's perfect for a masculine birthday card. Thanks for playing along with us at CCC!

Sherrie K. said...

Great cards! I love the scene you created:) Nice job!
so glad you joined us in the challenge at FCCB!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Angelwing said...

Мне очень понравилась ваша открытка с парящим в небе шариком! Это как мечта парит над суетой жизни,здорово!

SandeeNC said...

translation for angelwing, my Russian friend: I really liked your card with the balloon floating in the sky! It's like a dream hovers above the bustle of life, great!

Megan said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks so much for going us at FCCB this week!

Lynn said...

I love all your projects. Such creative work. Just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Unique Crafters.

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

I just love the first card with the little balloon :)

The wreath is pretty! It looks fantastic. Thanks for joining the fun at Unique Crafter's this month!

☼ Carolina ☼ said...

Nice!
congratulatios!
I prepared a Card for CPS-261
here:
http://carolinamaraboliscrap.blogspot.com/2012/05/dama-vintage-con-espejo.html