Saturday, April 7, 2012

luncheon: noun

 a formal usually midday meal as part of a meeting or for entertaining a guest

 
menu
Cha Cha Chicken Salad
(served on edible Easter Grass, Target )
Bloomin' Onion Bread
Biltmore Estate Summer Breeze Ice Tea ( Asheville, North Carolina )
 38 Vines, Starlight Muscadine Wine ( native North Carolina grape )

my table all set up for me and my friends :)
 This table setting pays homage to my grand mother, she hand tatted the table cloth and she painted the china plates. The silver place setting was my mom's ( first time I have used it since her death, she passed away April 4th, 1999 ), and every one got a chocolate bunny to take home with them.
 They were toasting me, aren't they the sweetest ladies, ever? These are my "hiking with cameras club" bestest friends ! That wine was awesome by the way, just delicious!
 Shirley bought over dessert, home made meringue shells filled with straw berries and whipped cream! Oh my goodness, it tasted sooooo good!! YUM!
 Shirley got her birthday present early from Barbara, and of course, she had to wear all the party stuff. She's such a good sport!
 Have to show off a couple pictures of my balcony. My very favorite place to be!

 I picked up some Fiber Optic grass to put in my hen planter, she needed tail feathers! I just love a garden nursery person who understood what I was needing and made a special trip out to their shed to get these for me! This picture really doesn't do her justice, she's even cuter in person!
What a fun day, spent with great friends, and hey that bottle of wine didn't hurt either! lol

8 comments:

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fab pics, looks like you all had fun! Zo xx

May said...

Oooaaahhh Next time can I come to lunch.... It all looks so yummy and your friends look as though they had a lovely time, just love, love, love your balcony so peaceful to look at x x x Happy Easter to you and your dear friends Hugs May x x x

Mrs A. said...

The food looks delicious. Your Mums painted plates devine. Yes to the wine and your patio looks very inviting. Love the grasses in your hen planter, just right. Have a lovely Easter. Hugs Mrs a.

Redanne said...

Looks like you had a fab time with your friends, lovely photos and wow, I love your balcony! Amazing outlook.

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee,

You are so sweet to check in on me. I guess I knew I had posted on my blog in almost a week - and hadn't done much visiting this week either...
Your Easter brunch sounds wonderful. I do love a good chicken salad and yours looks yummy! I can see why your balcony is one of your favorite spaces!! That little chicken is too cute!!!

My house is still torn up - I am NOT just putting things back into the closet. That means everything is in the living room or on the dining room table!

Hugs to you, my dear friend!

Kay

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...your photo's show a lot of loVe & laughter Sandee...looks like a great time had by all, deliscious on many levels...happy Easter...Mel :)

BJ said...

Thanks for your comments on my Timmy Tag, it is now safely stuck in my Art Journal. Love your Easter table and great to see you have the Lindtt Golden bunnies too, mine are waiting downstairs. Happy Easter. BJ

Inkyfingers said...

Oh I want to move right in Sandee - the view from the balcony and the balcony itself!!! I'd just sit there all day. Your table setting looks wonderful and the edible grass had me giggling. How marvellous to have such a treasured lace heirloom from your Grandmother. I bet months of love went into it!
Happy Easter.