Monday, April 30, 2012

de-boss: verb ( used with object )

to indent (a figure or design) into a surface 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It's been a long time since I have done rolled edges on my paper and I have no idea why 'cause I love the distressed look of it, especially for this guy camping birthday card!
papers are misc.
stickers-
Sakura gel pens
paint
ink
pop dot
CARDZTV birthday stamp


Paper Crafts April 2012 Gallery Challenge - Silhouettes

Tried a new technique for me being that I am not a "true" stamper. This was my first time using a mask to stamp. I cut an oval die from the Cricut and laid it over my image and then placed 3 different stamps onto my acrylic block to repeat the birthday sayings.

Cricut cartridge- Don Juan, Everyday Paperdolls
CARDZTV birthday stamps
Reminisce pen
ink

This card was me just playing around with an extra image I had cut from my Cricut. I wanted to try an embossing technique where you rub your ink onto your embossing plate, run it through the machine and it inks the de-bossed part of the paper, would have turned out better if at the last second I hadn't sprayed it with my misting ink, lol I will try this again though, but with just an ink pad! Here is the link for the tutorial.

Cricut cartridge- Everyday Paperdolls
Fiskars embossing plate
CARDZTV birthday stamp
pop strips

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to wait for 2 months after a project has been published before I can share it with you. It's also funny when you think I actually made the tag back in June 2011!! Sometimes I can almost forget what the project looked liked until I get the actual magazine! I love looking through them and seeing what everyone else submitted too!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pinned Image

If you have something you've made from using a pin from Pinterest then I sure hope you will link it up to:
In the hills of North Carolina

3 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...loVely work Sandee... :) and like you I do loVe the look of rolled or ragged edges to your papers it gives a wonderful effect...Mel :)

Redanne said...

The rolled edges on your card look amazing and give the card some dimension - love it. You made me laugh when you said that you spritzed the embossing folder but it really has turned out well. Tammy's tutorial is very good, I really want that dogrose stamp/die cut that she used. Tim Holtz does the technique too but his looks more grungy. Well done on getting published! Crafty hugs, Anne

Mary Pat Siehl said...

very fun! thanks for the link to the tutorial!