Friday, April 6, 2012

issues: noun

a source of conflict, misgiving, or emotional distress ( informal )

I started out last week trying to make a centerpiece for my luncheon on Friday. The main problem I was having was making something that would show up against the 'tattered' tablecloth that my grandmother made.

The first attempt was this vellum butterfly twig, which didn't show up at all, but it found a home in my birdcage that I just painted and is hanging on my balcony. Funny thing, is that the bird cage had been sitting empty for a week and I was just trying to figure out what to put into it, then I try and make something for my table scape, and voila...birdcage perfection!
I bought this used birdcage which was all white and I proceeded to paint and distress it. I love how it came out. Here is an up close shot of the butterfly twig.
Paper Trimmings cartridge

Then second attempt:
So I figured small and dainty didn't work, so let's try big and bold...nope. Too big, too bold...but looks awesome in my craft room, or it might end up being on a gift bag! lol
Paper Trimmings cartridge

So third time is the charm, right? Or 3 strikes and your out! lol

One of my friends who is coming over for lunch gave me this double vase basket for my birthday, so I pulled it out to use. Frankly I had given up at this point on making a center piece, but then Cricut Circle has a centerpiece challenge right now....so insert groans, eye rolls, looks of exasperation...and mustering up the will to try once more!
And then an idea started forming...
and evolving...

oh, and third time was the charm, wink!

update: 4/7/12...::woot woot::..
Just found out that my centerpiece made project for the day over at the Cricut Circle Blog!
Stretch Your Imagination - birdhouse, chick
Doodlecharms - eggs
Paisley - butterfly
Martha Stewart fringe scissors
stickles, liquid pearls

If you come back tomorrow, I'll have pictures of my table scape decorations :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sandee, that basket is sooo lovely. I also liked the decorated birdcage but I see what you mean.
Have a great time, Suzanne

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Beautiful Easter centerpiece!

Kim said...

Hi Sandee, What a change you made to the vase. I think that will be a perfect center piece. Third time is a charm. That vase is sooooo cool even by itself.

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...you've been a busy girl Sandee, lots of loVelies on show...loVe the birdcage & the butterfly twig within...have a loVely Easter...Mel :)

HeARTworks said...

It's a wonderful centerpiece! I'm sure you got raving compliments! Inspiration is sure to come when we keep trying! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Karan said...

Very pretty, Sandee. Congrats on making project of the day!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

This is beautiful!!! I love all of the elements and how they came together to look so spring-like!!