Thursday, April 26, 2012

project: noun

an organized unit of work
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Thursdays we announce our featured Project Pinterest, so make sure you link up and who knows you could be picked next!

Announcing my featured pinnerest is
Kelly
from Rainboots & Beef
( because it takes a brave person to admit when things go wrong )


In the hills of North Carolina

Grab your button to feature on your blog!
 
Go check out Sarah's blog It's on the tip of my tongue to see if you were her featured pinnerest!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My friend just had surgery so I thought I would make her and her husband a casserole. And then I thought, when making one, it's just as easy to double the recipe and make 2!
One for me, one for them.
I used this pin from Pinterest and it worked out great, very yummy but I do like to add a big dollop of sour cream on mine and my friend said they did like theirs spicier so they added some heat to it; but over all it's a simple recipe with great results!

http://picky-palate.com/2011/04/25/chicken-and-black-bean-green-enchilada-rice-bake/

Now as usual, let me tell you my goofs...lol
First I couldn't find cans of mild green enchilada sauce but I did find red, so I guess it works as I haven't a clue what the difference between red and green enchilada sauce tastes like,
and secondly I was suppose to get diced tomatoes, I did get diced tomatoes but in sauce, duh me, I didn't have my glasses with me, but it also seems to have worked out!

Here they are out from the oven:


And I wrapped up a couple of garden magazines for her to read since she really loves to garden! Out the door I went to deliver them!

So now, Sarah and I would love to see what you pinned from Pinterest and let us know how it turned out. Did you change anything, do you recommend this or that? Let us know what you thought!
 
 
Here are the guidelines for Project Pinterest:

1. Decide which pin on Pinterest you’d like to recreate.

2. Create it!

3. Flop or success, create a blog post about your re-do and include the original pin’s url.

4. Add the Project Pinterest button to your post so others can join in too!

5. Link up and check out other bloggers’ posts!
In the hills of North Carolina

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks, Sandee! I'm honored! :)
Where do I get the code for my blog?

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, I don't do Pinterest but just had to comment to say how lovely those casseroles look and that I love that Rooster sign, so cute. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Mary Pat Siehl said...

looks fun!!!

SarahinSC said...

Oh yum! I love anything like that when it's all cheesey and gooey! You're right, we've got Mexican on the brain I guess! I love that your wrapped up the magazines to give to your friend too. What a great idea!

Unknown said...

oh those dishes made my mouth water!!! looks amazing.....now I may have to have a snack thanks to you!!!! lol!!!