Tuesday, April 24, 2012

covet: verb

to want to have something very much

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I discovered a new challenge blog called DragonsDream Tag It On through one of my WOYWW friends May from May's Happy Daze. ( she is on their design team!! )

Their challenge this week: #114 is called The Secret Garden, after the book title. Good thing they let you go "beyond the obvious" because not only have I never read the book but I am making a tag for my mermaid altered book for Elizabeth's AB class from Altered Book Lover.


What a mermaid might covet for her secret garden:
a butterfly
palm tree
camera
wine
keys that represent a house and a car
flip flops for legs she will never have
holidays:
   snowglobe for Christmas
   chocolate bunny sucker for easter
   a fall leaf for Thanksgiving
   a box of chocolates for Valentines day

Looking at my tag makes me think I ended up more with a treasure chest than a garden but it is where the inspiration took me, plus I just realized that I forgot to use a stamp. Sorry, next time I will try and follow the rules better ;)

If you come back tomorrow you can get a peek of the page from my AB where I will be using the tag.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link up with Project Pinterest

YOUR BLOG NAME

11 comments:

Karen said...

WOW Sandee this is gorgeous, I just love all the different elements that you have added.

Hugs, Karen xx

Redanne said...

I can never get over what a creative mind you have Sandee, I would never have thought about all those things - so clever. It is gorgeous and I love it.

Pat N. said...

Hi Sandee! Guess what! You won at Die Cuttin' Divas for your manly garden card. Go check it out and collect your gift certificate from the Crop Stop.--Pat N.

May said...

WOW!!! This is fab Sandee... love all those elements, Thank you for joining in at TIO its lovely to see you here, Hugs May x x x

Monique's art said...

Thanks for sharing this fabulous tag at TIO,

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is TOO funny with the flip-flops and the car keys. I look forward to seeing your AB page, especially since I've been so late getting here today/tonight.

Gabrielle said...

I love how you have thought outside the box - what a brilliant idea! Thanks for TIO this time, I've loved visiting!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's a wonderful creation. Thanks for dreaming with us on TIO this fortnight.

Kalea Wavedancer said...

Actually, many water people do indeed have legs, although depending on the culture and genesis of the individual it could be once in a lifetime, once a month, only at night, or anytime (some also have webbing between toes and fingers).

ElizabethR said...

Fab tag well done you! Thanks for sharing your dream with us at the TIO. Elizabeth x

Sue said...

Wow there is so much to see here - I love it! Thanks so much for sharing at TIO, and hope to see you next time x