Friday, April 13, 2012

upcycling: noun

"The practice of taking something that is disposable and transforming it into something of greater use and value".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


( If you happen here from The Ultimate Blog Party, then your in the right place, I usually try to blog every day, so if you want to read my introduction, you can go here, other wise you can enjoy my home decor creation using my Cricut! ....and a FYI, if you have word code verification on, there is a chance I don't leave a comment, blogs this big are too hard and time concuming to do WV every time I visit, I am sorry, there is a chance I visited though, just not left a comment!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have really been into making some home decor pieces along with upcyling. This branch with spring colored flowers on it actually sits on the corner of my vanity sink in my guest bathroom, but taking a picture of it proved to be too difficult in there so I set up a station in my bedroom.




 I cut the Kraft paper flowers from my Cricut, Flower Shoppe cartridge. The center of the flower is a ribbon knot which I cut into strips and roughed up for a frayed shabby chic look.
The bottle is wrapped with twine and yarn. I really like the combination of textures. AND it's upcycling at it's best, the bottle was a drink bottle from our trip to Biltmore Estate!

I am entering this in the Unique Crafters April challenge #2 : paper flowers.

12 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this project is just too cool! love all the twine!!

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

I am happy to be visiting you back. I love your bottle wrapped in twine and yarn...definitely a cool mixture of textures.

Cheers!
amy @ whilewearingheels.blogspot.com

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee,

I love this project! It's always nice to upcycle, isn't it. I have some yarn I bought to make a baby blanket and decided against it -- perhaps I'll wrap some bottles with it.

I've actually been to the Biltmore Estate. It was gorgeous. I wouldn't mind returning some day. Love the hill country. Luck you!!

Hugs,
Kay

Unknown said...

Hi Sandee - Thanks for visiting my blog - love your projects!

Karen said...

I have not met a flower I did not love! I love your "tree" of flowers :) It has given me some ideas....thank you for sharing your artwork at Unique Crafters Challenge!

Angela said...

Very cute!

Nancy said...

Hi Sandee! Thanks so much for the visit to my blog and follow. Love your diy and now following you back.

Unknown said...

Hello Sandee, I am glad that you stopped by my blog. I love your blog subjects - such a great idea!
~Amy @ Permanent Kisses

annies home said...

hello partying at UBP as well and love your touch of elegance in this post I am following you and would love to have you come by and see me as well http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Dalia said...

Sandee,
Thank you for stopping by Inspirations by D. I'm dropping by UBP 2012. The textured bottle is a great idea, I've been meaning to make one too. I'm glad that you liked my silly photo, I look forward to many more visits and also your posts. Have a happy weekend.

Craftychris said...

Such a cool branch! Upcycling is such a good thing to do and with results like this - well - what can I say except fab!! xx

Unknown said...

Visiting form Blog Party and I really love your crafts, especially this one. The flowers are so pretty!