Monday, August 15, 2016

I hope they bury me with a paintbrush in my hand

Sooooo...you might have seen a few posts recently where I have been playing with some Distress Inks on top of my Gel Press® plate and well, just LOVING it! I use me 5x7"plate or sometimes the smaller Petite plates just like stamps in my 5½x8" Strathmore journal. And that was the first layer on my page.

Then I painted the stencil ( yes, you read that correctly, "painted the stencil" ) and pressed it down onto the journal page. I went over the image with some paint where it didn't come through as defined like I wanted it to be, and then outlined it to make it stand out.

Next, I dropped some alcohol inks through a flower stencil, let it sit for an hour and then removed it. I need to work on that technique, but I think it has great possibilities.

And lastly is my attempt at typography, I think I will forever be working on that skill but when I think of what my writing looked liked 6 years ago ...well..I can say I have improved, and I can also say I still have room for improvement...lol


I just love this stencil set, Danse Macabre series Artistcellar.  

And yes, I really would be happy buried with a paintbrush in my hand!

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Love your page! I love the black! Turned out wonderful! It's been a while since I've played with paint, but have two projects going. Loved stopping by for a visit!

Jean said...

You have really been having fun!

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

i AM A LITTLE BIASED I THINK, BECAUSE I AM A HUGE FAN OF THIS SERIES OF STENCILS. BUT I THINK THIS PAGE IS MARVELOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS AND ITS DONE WITH THE 5X7 GELPRESS PLATE!!

Tommy Jo said...

Oh my gosh, what a quirky page. I wanna hear more about the alcohol ink technique. I love them, but I use them in a very limited way.