Friday, August 26, 2016

ART 101...Back to basics of Gel Press blog hop

With all the kiddos heading back to school, Gel Press® thought we 

should take you back to the basics! Please visit each blog for an 

idea or technique that you may or may not have seen before!

 Happy Hopping!

Here are the blog links in case you get lost along the way! 
Keri 
Lea 
                            Sandee  <----You are here

Basic Technique I am using --->  Distress Stains on the Gel Press® plate

supplies:
5x7" Gel Press® plate
5½x8" Stratmore journal
Ranger Distress Ink pads and Distress Stain dabbers

Dry stamping
This is a basic
 stamp your ink pad directly onto your Gel Press® plate 
and then use your gel plate as a stamp! 
(by turning it over and using it directly on paper or like I love to do, directly into my art journal)
 I love that when you use your Gel Press® plate upside down like this it allows you to see exactly what your print is going to look like.
And add layers of colors since the colors are water based dyes they are translucent and they layer beautifully over one another mixing and blending into beautiful shades.

I have several other ways to do this simple technique and I made a slideshow depicting them but fair warning, this is ADDICTIVE! Turning your plate over and using it as a stamp and moving inks around is the next best thing next to chocolate.
Watch the slideshow at your own risk, I do not accept responsibility for any compulsive behavior of fun this might elicit.
***You have been warned.***

You might also want to pause at each segment if it's too confusing, let me know and I'll make a video instead :)

Here are the journal pages I made from my backgrounds :)


5 comments:

Yoga with Gaileee said...

When I saw your cat paper earlier in the month I wondered about the background. Now I know! Do you ever have the paper stick to the gel press? I have found this to be a problem for me. I use plain copy paper to lift the first paint....

Pakrat said...

I love this technique - I need to try it

Unknown said...

Sandee, you are the distress ink Queen! I really love the watercolor effects :)

Gainesville Summer Art Camp said...

These are so good. I, especially, love the face!!

Jean said...

Such fuN!!!