Monday, June 10, 2013

prosaic: adjective

 characteristic of prose as distinguished from poetry : factual
 
 dull, unimaginative
 
everyday, ordinary

pronunciation

( As a side note, I have to say I got tickled yesterday in church when our Preacher coincidentally used the word for the day that I had posted on Sunday. He was talking about the acrostic that we use to remember the colors of the rainbow...do you know it? )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, it's time for the Frosted designs Monday Inspiration girls to give you a last burst of creativity for the new challenge...are you ready? Now they gave us a LO sketch, but frankly after all the scrapping I did for NSB I was totally out of pictures. Can you believe it? So I converted the sketch into a card.

So I am hoping that if I put my card right next to the sketch, then you will see how I adapted it. Not always the easiest thing to do, but it is doable.

The playing cards came from a museum in Charleston, SC and I've had them like forever. They are too flimsy to actually play with and I never knew quite what to do with them. So glad I hoard  save everything! lol See, that reinforces me to not throw anything away!

The last of my black felt butterflies....sigh....

Colorbok - butterfly
CARDSTV - sentiment stamp
Faber Castell - PITT pen
Ranger - Distress Marker
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My discussion over at Journal of a Lazy Dieter is about the affects of caffeine on your body. I HAVE to cut out the tea and chocolate, heaven help me.

9 comments:

Craftychris said...

Very cool card! I save everything too, just incase I need it! Love the butterfly xx

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh wow this is very cool!

Winnie said...

Fun use for the playing cards you can't use. I had to chuckle as it reminded me of when I went to Paris they said Marie A. really didn't utter "Let them eat cake". That was a surprise to me.

MaryH said...

Such a clever way to adapt your challenge. Loved the card, how wonderful you were able to remember you had it (and FIND it!). Great sentiment with the motif too. TFS & Stay dry. Hugs

Rita said...

Now that's a coincidence!
I never learned the rainbow color thing. What a deprived childhood, eh?

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee,

Great card. I can see why you saved the cards - they are very old looking (or is THAT how long they've been at your house?)!

Hugs,
Kay

Jean said...

Very cute!!

Meggymay said...

Love how you used the vintage cards, its a fantastic card.
Yvonne x

Barb Craft said...

I love that you took the sketch and used it on a card! And your card is beautiful!!!!

barb :)