Tuesday, June 11, 2013

cartography: noun



Pixie's Crafty Snippet's Playground - #76
( The entire card was made out of snippets: the pine tree paper was so small I had to cut it up into 3 sections to make it look like a bigger piece! The Good times banner is from an OLD sticker sheet, the flower was something given to me ages ago as a RAK, the flower brad lost it's packaging but glad I didn't lose the brad and the bear die cut came from when I worked in a Scrapbook store several years ago! )

Artful Times - #31 Cartography
( Used a section of a North Carolina map, which show cases the area I live in. )

All that Stickles -Linky party ( Distress stickles )

I love my stickles, oh yes I do...but distress stickles....erm....not so much. I love the rest of the Ranger distress line, the markers, inks, paints and re-inkers...but never learned to love my distress stickles. Now I knew I had a couple, but didn't know what colors or where they were in my goodie box. First step was organizing my stickles by color...OK that killed a few minutes of procrastinating before beginning my project, lol I discovered I had 3 Distress and 1 called Glitz....huh? Now where the heck did Glitz stickles come from and what makes it different? I can see today will be a day of discovery!
So I played:
The bar was first painted with Distress Paint in Antique Linen and then stickled. ( least favorite result )The heart was colored with a Broken China Distress marker and then stickled. ( most favorite result ) The shield chipboard was left raw and stickled and then I went over it with Black Soot Distress ink. ( ambivalent result, not as much sparkle, but OK. )
The map was covered with glossy accents.

the card: 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 




15 comments:

sam21ski said...

Great way to showcase the map and love your bear!!!

Thanks for playing along with us at AT this week - Sam xxx

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh what a fun way to highlight the sign and the map! love it!!

~Tammy~ said...

This is pretty darn cool Sandee! I use scraps on about 95% of my creations. I love it!

Jean said...

Love seeing how you use the Stickles. I think I have 1 bottle.

Di said...

Oh my goodness Sandee - this is adorable!! A great snippets card indeed.

And I'm with you about the Distress Stickles - I have loads and they sure aren't my favourites. BUT, have you ever squeezed a couple of colours onto a scrap of paper mixed them and then used the result from there with a little paint brush? Perhaps mixing with some of the denser normal ones might perk them up?

No photos of the hedgies as yet - they're so shy they run away :( I do have photos on this post of one we rescued a while ago, but the ending was sad as she couldn't be saved by the Hedgehog Hospital. This is the link: http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/mission-of-mercy-takes-priority.html

You might know, I broke my heart when she couldn't be saved - but we did try for her. The mere fact that we could pick her up was a bad sign I guess :(

Still, Spike is still around so we live in hopes of babies :))

Hugs, and thanks for coming to play again!

Di xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, a fabulous idea.

fairy thoughts said...

hi sandee
looks like you have been have stickles of fun with great results, love the card

Rita said...

The distress stickles worked for this quite well. I guess I don't feel badly that I don't have any--LOL! ;)

Craftychris said...

Cool card! Love the bear. I am not too keen on Distress Stickles either - I prefer the normal ones with loads of sparkle! xx

MaryH said...

Sandee, this is just so cute. Love your shield map with the bear! Enjoyed your comments on the different stickles products too. Glad you jumped over the pond to play in the playground. The swings were fun weren't they? TFS

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I did a double take with that shield you used as a US road sign. Pretty awesome, missy!

scrappymo! said...

Hi Sandi
This is such a great card...loving the map shield! I'm with Di...I have some stickles which seem to glob out in a big bunch...so I do the squeeze them onto a piece of plastic and paint them on!

Neet said...

That's a great way to showcase the map of your area Sandee. Love the badge shape, reminds me of "Route 66" when we have visited Santa Monica Pier.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

Heathers Inspiration said...

Looks Super, love your project x

Von said...

Fabulous card :) the bear holding the shield makes it for me :)
Von ☺