Friday, June 7, 2013

orotund: adjective

marked by fullness, strength, and clarity of sound : sonorous
 
 pompous, bombastic

pronunciation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - #40 Fantasies and Fairies
Technique Time Tuesday - Faux Chalkboard challenge
I wanted to use the word "chalk" in my sentiment because I was afraid that the customers who buy my cards might not understand that it's suppose to look a little smudgy and chalkboard-ish. For the first time in a long time, I dragged out those teeny tiny letter stamps and just let them be random upper and lower case and wonky, kinda like my handwriting on a chalk board, lol I also reinforced the white lettering with a marker to make sure it showed up well.

I have to admit that I have mixed emotions about this technique. I guess I feel ambivalent about it. Maybe I just need time to get use to it, it took me awhile to come around to other trends too.

Close To My Heart - white embossing powder
Ranger - Distress marker, stickles
VersaMark
Ink it Up! - white
Stampin' Up! - embossing buddy
border stamp - misc
papers from stash

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my blog, Journal of a Lazy Dieter, I am discussing kitchen exercises. I mean what better place to exercise where you are planing on shoving some food into your mouth? Makes you think twice before doing it! Oh, and you don't have to leave a comment but a click on "like" means you are supporting me through my diet. Thanks!

13 comments:

Winnie said...

Your card turned out great! I have not tried this technique and have seen it everywhere lately. I love the look (love chalkboards, have one in my stamp room!), but what I like most about your card is it LOOKS like a chalkboard. Some look just look like white embossing to me! Good luck with your dieting! I will read the old posts this weekend, as I am not just a lazy dieter, I just haven't done anything about what I need to do.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

totally adorable!!!

have a great weekend

ria gall said...

It looks great to me and I love the use of the little letter stamps they make it quirky
Ria

Carole Z said...

What a super, fun card..I really thought it was a chalkboard - brilliant! Carole Z X

Rita said...

I thought it was some kind of chalkboard cardstock or paint or something. Clever.

I support anyone on a diet, but I'm not on facebook, sorry. ;)

Unknown said...

Cute card Sandee!!! You did a great job with the Faux Chalkboard technique! I love the added whimsy background swirls as well! Thanks for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE it, Sandee!!! The sentiment is fabulous and I adore the images you used on this fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at TTT! :)

Chocolate Coffee & Cards said...

A very fun card and very clever sentiment with the chalk look! Nice! Thanx for playing along with us at CC&CC. Joanne

Anonymous said...

Nice looking card you have created. I like the color combination and the feel of the chalk look. Thank you for playing along with us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards.

Nadja

Katy said...

This is an awesome card! What a perfect sentiment and you did a beautiful job with the faux chalkboard technique! Thank you for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday. Is is ok to show your card on our Facebook page? :)

Chitra Nair said...

Such a lovely card and love the sentiment... Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&CC..

Rocky said...

The sentiment is just right for this technique and I love your shadows. Thank you for joining us at Technique time Tuesday.

Louise van Vuren said...

Great use of the chalkboard technique, love the colour you've used too. Thanks for playing along with TTT

Louise xx