Saturday, June 15, 2013

millefleur: adjective

 having an allover pattern of small flowers and plants

pronunciation
( How copacetic is this? The WOTD is an apt description of the background paper I used for my card. )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cards Create Challenge Blog -  June

2013_05Sketch

Little Yellow Bicycle - Special Summer Challenge

blue suede shoes:Elvis  ( 1955 )
Blue Suede Shoes  ( 1956 )
Blue Moon of Kentucky ( 1954 )
Since we could be creative with how we interpret the 50 challenge, I went with the music of Elvis Presley from the 50's.Evidently he was a little blue during the 50's ( oh, and how I was in love with him! If I had been old enough I would have thrown my panties up on stage for him....just sayin'. lol ) So I decided to go with a blue monochromatic card in honor of the King himself.


And here is my card with it's millefleur background:
I admit, I love to hand stitch around my cards, I think it's a left over urge from my cross stitch days. I used 3 variations of the running stitch. The outside border is the dusky blue, the oval is stitched in white. Then the sentiment strip is offset with alternating blue and white floss. It's a great way to add both dimension and detail to your cards without adding bulk if you are mailing it.
The butterfly is a clear cut which I completely covered the back with glue and adhered it to a piece of white card stock and then fussy cut it out. That way the different pattern papers aren't showing through the delicate image.
 
also entering this in:
 
Fab 'n' Funky - #175 Birthday

Little Yellow Bicycle - Elizabeth Park,  ( the millefleur background paper ) Saturdays ( butterfly ) Fern and Forest Boy ( the 2 remaining pattern papers and the chipboard cloud )
Petunia Bounce - font

8 comments:

BJ said...

I don't have a problem with my age at all, so I think quite the opposite to this quote. Lovely papers to go with the WOTD - LOL BJ 49 1/4yrs

Meggymay said...

Great words, love your blues and card design.
Yvonne x

Rita said...

I was more into the Beatles, but young Elvis was a dreamboat! The hand-stitching really does add something special. :)

MaryH said...

Great interpretation of your sketch challenge. I was a teenager when Elvis first broke on the scene. Saw him on the Dorsey show one Sat night; he had blond hair. Next time on the Sullivan show, he had black hair! Loved the soft blues, and was intrigued with how you did the b/fly. Wonderful sentiment to go on this one. Pretty afternoon 'round here, but inching up to hot. Hope it's nice where you are in the mtns. TFS & hugs

Vicky said...

A beautiful pastel coloured card, I love the butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week

hugs Vicky xxx

Kristi said...

Very pretty, Sandee! the sentiment is so true!LOL

Winnie said...

Such a pretty card! I love the blue theme and the stitching you did as an accent, just perfect. I have a lot of Elvis stamps and sentiments as I have friends who are big Elvis fans and always make them Elvis cards. It was fun seeing the video!

Alli Devine said...

Gorgeous card love the monochromatic colour scheme Thanks for sharing with us at Fab n Funky this week.

Alli D GD Fab n Funky