Tuesday, June 4, 2013

WYSIWYG: noun

a display generated by word-processing or desktop-publishing software that exactly reflects the document as it would appear in its finished state
( ok, this one is fun to say )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the man in Your Life challenge

We are sponsored this month by Dilly Beans Stamps
and I have used image439 - Wired Robot Framed


I love his little embossed face and his big bug eyes! 
This little guy was printed 3 times, once on regular card stock and twice over Aluminium Tape which was adhered over copy paper. ( Heat embossing it each time. ) Cut the antenna out from one image and adhered it over the card stock image. Then cut the eyes out from the other image and pop dotted them over the the card stock image.

I have to admit that I wouldn't have added the heart on my own, but sometimes God likes to craft along beside me and he had me smudge the corner, and he also guided me to find something to cover it. Now that it's done I think the red heart was a perfect addition and cannot imagine it not being there.

also entering this in:
Cards for Men - #11 Dad
CARDZTV - #30 Father's Day challenge
Creative Inspirations - Inspired by Father's Day

18 comments:

Carole Z said...

Sandee, this is fab! I love the technique you've used with this fun image..superb! Carole Z X

Bee and Dee said...

This is a wonderful card, will need you to tell me how to print on aluminium tape, I think God was right about the heart. Hugs Bee

Krisha said...

Hi Sandee,
I have really studied your card, it is just adorable. First thought was "How did she do that metal look?" I have found that the Lord is always right, we just need to listen. I'm glad you did, the heart is perfect!

Alison Scott said...

What a fab card. That little heart just sets it off perfectly.

Katie said...

Oh so cute! So so cute! I just love robots so much (yes, I'm a science geek!)

Claudia N. said...

Oh, I just LOVE your robot, sandee!

Your aluminium foil gives him the perfect complexion! And his 3D eyes and the tiny balls with the antennas are just perfect! And I never would have guessed that God had been crafting alongside you - even though your card definitely looks heavenly gorgeous!!! ;)

Hugs,
Claudia x

Cathy said...

Fantastic card Sandee, the robot is adorable and the texture from your technique looks amazing. (I don't think I could put tape on copy paper through my printer. Need to look at the specs in a different way next time I upgrade LOL! Cathy x ( Thanks for your visit too :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your bot, this card put a grin on my chin! Hugs, Valerie

MaryH said...

How cute & I loved the story of how the red heart got added. Very inspiring, and I'll think of my unexpected or unintended - that way henceforth. Lovely way to say this. Liked all your embossing and will have to check out that aluminum tape in HD. I was excited when I found the gold Duct tape. Only used it once to date, then had to trim off most of it (on my cardinal recycle card) to get the blooming thing to fit reasonably on a cardbase. Gotta use it again, cuz it was purty! TFS

Claire said...

just love the robot card!!!
loving your wordy desk too - I just worked out how to add text!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a message :)
Happy belated WOYWW and have a wonderful week!
no. 6
PS re the tags - there's a great video on Nicci C's post - basically you can record a message via a phone app xx

Craftevan said...

Great card love the embossing
Thank you for joining our challenge on CFM good luck and hope to see you soon.
Kate

Jeri said...

Who knew a robot could be so cute. Great embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz TV.

Deanna Mulder said...

Such a cute and clever card. I love it. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz TV.

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Love that Bot image. so fun. I never thought about running my alum tape thru the printer. great idea and card!!

Alexa said...

He looks great Sandee and I love the mesh background too! x

simply monica said...

WOW I love this. Love the whole look of the metal awesome idea. Thanks for joining us at CI Paints.

Karen said...

the metal look on your robot is awesome love it! Super cute. Thanks so much for joining the ctvs challenge. Karen

Unknown said...

Very fun and adorable! Love the shine on the image!
Thank you for joining in on the Creative Inspirations Paints challenge!