Saturday, June 1, 2013

dudgeon: noun

a fit or state of indignation
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fab 'n' Funky - #173 For the Girls
Inkspirational - #22 Anything Goes
Anything But a Card Challenges - CHALLENGE #20...DUST OFF YOUR OLD SUPPLIES
old products:
The flower and small golds beads are so old that the packaging no longer exists. The wired beads came from my Christmas wreath box ( the one I use to change up my wreaths from time to time ) The felt flower button is about 5 years old and the gold leafing is about 10 years old. The crown was in my die cut scrap bag, haven't a clue where it came from. The orange paint is from my stock, it's a large bottle, been there forever!
 
Here begins a new adventure for the Art MoB: bird plaques. I had Genuinely Jane Studios custom make them for me at a 5x7" size. I have to say I am really enjoying altering them.
I sewed the wooden bead and small gold beads through the felt button before adhering it with 450. I scraped the leftover 450 that gets on my finger over the birds wing and then gold leafed where it was sticky.
( The wing is made from chipboard. )
The tail is made from a large flower folded in ½ with the botton sewed through the fold to keep it nice and tight.
  
new products:
Genuinely Jane Studios - wood bird plaque
Walmart - wood beads
Helmar - 450
flower button...not sure but I won it recently, if anyone knows, please tell me, I'd like to order some more of them
 
 

16 comments:

BJ said...

What a super bird, love the orange and the beads. The flower for the tail feathers is brill - BJ

Unknown said...

I LOVE the altered art, you are one very clever girl
hugs
Ildiko xx

Winnie said...

Love your bird and how you got to incorporate a lot of your stash into the piece. As crafters, we all have some stuff that we are saving for the "right: project. Love the gold leaf (I have sheets of silver and gold and for some reason never used it...thanks for reminding me!!) Enjoy the weekend.

Jean said...

Isn't this too cute!

Krisha said...

Very cool!! almost looks like a cookie....LOL guess I need to get some breakfast.

Anna said...

This is so cute Sandee! I agree it looks like a beautiful decorated cookie!
I have the little birds in the small size...and I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with them.

Margaret said...

Wow! You really did some spring cleaning for your project! I love all of the bits and pieces altering your wonderful bird, and the quote is equally fabulous! The flower makes amazing tail feathers! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card challenges!

Francesca said...

Lovely Birdie Numb Numbs ( a very old Peter Sellers Quote) Lovely bird. Xxx

MaryH said...

How utterly you to think of orange on a bird (but why not? The robin has an orange-y breast, bluebird has a rust, etc). I just would not have thought of that color. This is so bright, cheery, and made me smile. You used up a lot of snippets here!! TFS such a sweetie on a warm Sat. afternoon, on my housework break! Hugs

Carole Z said...

OOH I love this Sandee..love how you have used your stash bits, it's beautiful! Carole Z X

Von said...

Oh wow Sandee!! How cute and clever! Love the quote and that little bird is just adorable! I so much appreciate all the little bits and pieces from long ago that went into this piece. Such a warm fuzzy!

Mynn xx said...

This is just darling, Sandee! LOVE the whimsical feel and the gorgeous pops of color! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

Ciska said...

What a great project, it would look great hanging on the wall! Thank you for playing along with us this week @ Fab 'n Funky :)

Craftychris said...

This is gorgeous and the quote is really cool, would suit me perfectly! xx

Ruth M said...

That is wonderful Sandee, so cheery, fun and a real piece of happy to have on display! Love the whimsical touches you added and the tail feathers made with a flower half is inspired!

It's so nice to have you sharing your fab work with us at Inkspirational, keep 'em coming! Ruth x

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

I'm a sucker for birds Sandee, the real and the ornamental so I had to pop in and say "I love this lady" Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card.