Thursday, May 3, 2012

obstinate: adjective

determined not to agree with other people's wishes or accept their suggestions

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well it's Thursday and it's time to announce my featured Pinterest gal:
Jenn from Bulldogs and Brown Sugar!


Congratulations Jenn, I'll be sending you your "I'm featured on Project Pinterest" button in the mail!

And go check out Sarah's blog, It's on the tip of my tongue to see who she featured!
Now on to this week's pin brought to you by A Beautiful Mess Blog, she has a great tutorial, very easy to follow.

This is my first canvas transfer:
The Biltmore Estate in the background
original color picture:
1.First up you will probably notice I forgot ( that would be a lie to say I forgot, lol ) I am obstinate and did not print my photo in reverse, I really didn't think it was that necessary since there were no words, but next time I will because of true connoisseur of the Biltmore Estate would notice it is backwards!
2. I am going to do a color transfer of this piece next time as I am not good at thinking in black and white tones, so the green on green in the trees shows up a little murky. I am going to gesso over this one and redo it. I would also like to try a larger canvas next time since I know how easy it really is now!
 I used this gel medium and I used my spatula instead of a brush to get a thicker layer of medium onto my canvas:


So I would LOVE to see a project that you pinned from Pinterest:

Here are the guidelines for Project Pinterest:
1. Decide which pin on Pinterest you’d like to recreate.
2. Create it!
3. Flop or success, create a blog post about your re-do and include the original pin’s url.
4. Add the Project Pinterest button to your post so others can join in too!
* From now on to be considered a "Featured Pinner" you need to add the Project Pinterest button to your blog please.
5. Link up and check out other bloggers’ posts!





In the hills of North Carolina
 
 

8 comments:

Karen said...

WOW that's amazing, I love it! Hugs, Karen xx

CraftygasheadZo said...

Wow super job, I didn't spot it being reversed until you said! Zo xx

Wheninusa said...

Obstinate = just about everyone

Mary Pat Siehl said...

i so want to go to the biltmore one of these days

SarahinSC said...

I've seen several pins like this and have always wanted to try it. I need to just take the plunge and get it done!

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, that is such a great technique and I would never have known it was backwards if you had not shown the original photo. Loving the definition today too....Crafty hugs, Anne x

Mindie Hilton said...

Thank you for the linky. I wanted to let you know I saw your comment and I do have the linky button on my site. It's on my linky love page which is a linky in and of its self. I hope that works for you. I find it gets more traffic there then just on a single post. Thanks again.

505whimsygirl said...

Hey Sandee,

I really like the image transfer. I noticed the canoe being backyard but my eyes aren't good enough to notice the Biltmore House being backward.... haaaa

I did it - I linked up. I think I met all the criteria. If not please let me know. (I don't know why there's a red X underneath my photo....

Hugs,
Kay