Saturday, May 5, 2012

Frosted Designs NSD challenges

Barb Bienz Craft's FB challenge is to use stickers. Well it so happens I love stickers and I had a set of Little Yellow Bicycle chipboard stickers that I haven't used, the green striped paper is also from the same collection. The inside oval sticker said something I didn't want so I removed the little bee embellishment, then  I covered it with the yellow polka dot paper and glued the bee back on top of the oval, adding the letters mom. Inked around the oval, and the 2 pattern paper layers.


"Create a project using only pattern paper. You may include embellishments, but no cardstock is allowed." She also has a RAK for anyone who uses her challenge and posts over at her blog, , Love Life's Little Pleasures, and she will give you an extra chance at her RAK if you Create a project using only one manufacturer's pattern paper collection!

I used the last little bit of Anna Griffins for my card, adding some American Crafts velvet ric rac and some miscellaneous brads. Distressed the edges with my scissors and inked the edges for a shabby chic look for Mother's Day. I did have to use cardstock for my base of my card, but this paper would have been too thin to use, it may disqualify me, but I got a card made anyway!


2 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, you are a busy bee today aren't you. I love both cards, especially the bees. I don't know how you could make a card without using card, unless you use thick acetate maybe? Anyway yours are lovely. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Barb Craft said...

Bee-u-tiful cards!!! Heehee!! I couldn't resist!! I love your use of stickers on your first card and love the way you covered the oval with paper you liked to make it work for your card! Brilliant!! And your PP card is very pretty too! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs NSD challenges!!
Barb :)