Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cricut Circle, Pan Pastel, & Frosted Design

Entering this in Cricut Circle challenge to use old and new cartridges, must include at least 2 Cricut cuts.
new- French Manor cartridge ( tag and leaf flourish )
old-  Paisley cartridge ( butterfly )

I'm also entering this in PanPastels challenge: #17 Anything Goes
and
Frosted Design's FB challenge: get messy

I'm always inspired to be a little artsy over at Pan Pastel's blog, so after cutting out the leaf flourish I spread some gesso on then, then swiped them with Ranger lettuce ink, then spritzed them with some glimmer mist and followed up with a swipe of Smooch.

The flower tag center is coated with Puffy Paint and then heated so that it rises. Some brown inking on the edge and then a swipe of acrylic paint along the outside. Pop dotted up over the flourish and chipboard frame.

The butterfly is dotted with the same white paint with fine glitter sprinkled on top.

11 comments:

Pat N. said...

That's really beautiful!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hate to admit how long I've been "crafting," but I was using puffy paint (granted it was on tee-shirts) in the late 80s. Wow, that makes me feel OLD!! Of course, I'm sure it everything else is different, because I don't have all those cool new products like Smooch.

You asked (seems like forever ago) about how I bound my tiny ATC sized book. You are right. You didn't see any tape on the outside pages. Imagine two ATCs side by side, decorated on both sides. One side of each ATC will be the OUTSIDE, one the inside. The tape goes on the INSIDE pages only. I hope that made sense and didn't confuse you. I suspect if you think about it for awhile, you will get it! I should have shown both outsides together, since you would have been able to see a smidge (tiny amount) of tape between the two pages.

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...you've been creating some rather gorgeous Mum cards Sandee, all so bright & cheery just like this one with warm springtime colours...Mel :)

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, another beautiful card, love the colours you have used. Anne x

Karen said...

A beautiful card Sandee, I especially love the pretty Spring colours. Hugs, Karen xx

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee,

This card is very pretty. I like the paper selections that you've used.

Hugs,
Kay

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful, I love those colours and the flourishes and flowers look fantastic. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Unknown said...

Really stylish design love the colour tones.Thanks for joining us at PanPastel Uk this week.

Kerry DT Leader

Joanne said...

Really like this one! Super colors and love the flower cuts, very nice!

Brenda Brown said...

I am really glad you are inspired to be artsy Sandee and I love what you have done using the gesso, inks and glimmer mist. A great card and colours. Thanks for linking this to PanPastel UK this week.
hugs {brenda} xox

Sarah said...

Your card is gorgeous!! I'm so glad you decided to get messy with our facebook challenge @ Frosted Designs!!