Saturday, May 19, 2012

cartoon: noun

a humorous drawing published in a newspaper or magazine and commenting on a topical event or theme
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ART = ME


Over at my Digital Photography group we are to do a self portrait. There are some imaginative minds at work over there, trying to show who we are through a picture. :) I used an effect called "cartoon" on mine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then for Inspiration Avenue, Art With Heart:

The best and most beautiful things in this
world cannot be seen or even heard, but must
be felt with the heart....
Helen Keller.
I took the above picture and created some digital over lays for it. I actually like this one better than the first one!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to link up your Project Pinterest Project!
In the hills of North Carolina

12 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a super first entry, Sandee. I think it speaks volumes to art from the heart. I wish I knew more about digital art. I just haven't taken the time to learn it, which probably speaks to my laziness or inability to stop using paper and scissors (grin).

Have a great weekend in the hills of North Carolina!

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...loVely work Sandee, fun & funky stuff...Mel :)
Hope thats not permanent ink!

Redanne said...

Sandee this is an amazing picture, I like both versions - so much colour and all that lovely paint! Anne x

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Both are wonderful, but I think I like the more muted look of the second one.

Karen said...

Sandee what a fab picture, I love them both!

Hugs, Karen xx

Shoshi said...

Sandee, this is really FUN!! Love it! It's the right sort of art too - hands on, really messy! Great stuff.

Thanks for your comment on my blog about our day out at the show. It was great! Prince Albert sounds a great horse, and you must have had a lot of fun with him. I love watching the horses!

Shoshi

Darla said...

Great self portrait. I know absolutely nothing about digital art but I like the effect you achieved.

Darla

artangel said...

Love what you've done with this! The second picture has a wonderful glowy quality and the little butterfly is adorable!

gma said...

Yay!!! Love it!!!! I can certainly identify with that!!!

Kim Collister Studio said...

The second is my favorite!
The soft glow and colors make a nice
magical shot.
I agree, I too identify with paint on the hands!! Love it.
Good art requires getting messy!
(I am messy, so I like to think that)
LOL

XO
Kim

Lou Anne Hazel said...

I love the quote by Helen Keller. Your digital art is very colorful and vivid-full of positive energy. I hope you'll participate in next week's IA challenge. It's my first time hosting.

Claire said...

i love the layers in this! i'm in awe of any digital artist... it's a true mystery to me how it works... but i know it does :)