Friday, May 11, 2012

bucket list: noun

a list of things a person wants to do before they "kick the bucket" (i.e. die.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Well, everything is progressing smoothly for the craft fair tomorrow. I am waiting for my last box to dry before papering it so I thought I would take a moment to talk about the preparation and to thank everyone who has given me: hope, inspiration and suggestions for tomorrow. The main suggestion everyone had was to "have fun", so I am definitely going to do that. :)

My car is in it's first stage of being packed, a 4' table, folding chair and a big box full of clear bags for anyone who might purchase something.

Change money is in a box, with calculator, black magic marker ( in case one of my boxes gets scratched in transition, if nothing else I want my displays to look good! lol) and a pen. Adding a bottle of aspirin....;)

I almost have everything priced, I'm about 95 per cent completed, I found it's very hard to put a price on something you made. My cards were the easiest to price as I have always sold them at $5.00 and done well with that price range. Everything else is a new sale item for me so we will  see how the pricing goes for them :)

I really didn't want to put extra money into the boxes, just in case everything is a big failure, yet at the same time I wanted to make sure I did try my very best. Especially, as being in a craft fair is one of the things on my bucket list! I have been collecting boxes for a couple of years, so far good, as they were free. I looked at my paper knowing I wanted them to all match but was wondering what to use, when I remembered I had gotten a ton of playing card print paper several years ago from my gift bag where I use to work. By the way, I use to work in a scrapbook store and each year we got a goodie bag for Christmas! ( I always wondered why I got a stack of the same paper though, lol ) Then I knew I needed paint and I happen to have 2 bottles of black! Yay....no extra money spent and it all coordinates. I also had 2 bottles of clear coat, so I was able to give each sign a coating to protect them.


I'm now at that embellishing the signs, clean up and finish pricing stage. I have inventoried everything so I can figure out what sold well....ya know, just in case it turned out well and I decide to do this again!

I am also entering this sign into the Cricut Circle challenge to use old and new cartridges. I used Don Juan font on all my signs as it was the least fussy font so I hope the easiest to read, and I used the "and" word phrase from Letter Envy to connect the birthday guys and gals together.


 Don Juan cartridge ( old )
Letter Envy ( new )

Well it's 3pm, I haven't eaten lunch and my tummy just let me know it so I am going to take care of that and then finish everything up. I will let you know ( with pictures ) how everything went!
Thank you for all your warm wishes!

6 comments:

enthusiastically, dawn said...

Wow! Just lovely! You be sure and have fun. Everything looks great!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh la la! I love the display boxes. They are looking real good. That is so inspired to use playing card paper. Sandee's House of Cards-awesomeness! You'll do fine-knock 'em dead (and steal their money!)

scrappymo! said...

Everything looks very organized and I wish you the best of days (sales related too)!

Pat N. said...

Woohoo, you go girl! Looks like you've got it all together. Good luck!--Pat N.

Hippie Diva said...

Good luck tomorrow and have fun! I have only done one show and it was a lot of fun. Wishing you luck and love!

Redanne said...

Sounds and looks like you are very well organised. Hope it goes really well for you! Crafty hugs, Anne x