Sunday, March 3, 2013

thimblerig:

to cheat by trickery
or
 to swindle by a trick in which a small ball or pea is quickly shifted from under one to another of three small cups to fool the spectator guessing its location
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adding another camera themed card for the Moxie Fab - Camera Craze...I mean, how much fun is one allowed? I hope endless amounts! This will be the 12th card in my 30 Mother's Day cards in 30 days challenge issued by the Art MoB.

I love that a very old Cricut cartridge had something that would work for the ever trendy camera craze, which is a Polaroid frame. I can still smell the chemicals from my dad's Polaroid and watching with fascination as the picture emerged right in front of our eyes...just like magic!
 
I added a small dollop of LSD under the butterfly wings, just to give it a slight dimension.
 
Echo Park - pattern paper
Cricut - Country Life, p. 73 ( flowers )
Don Juan cartridge , p. 70 ( Polaroid frame )
Paisley cartridge - p. 40 ( butterfly )
Helmar - Liquid Scrapdots
Faber Castell - PITT pen
Dymo Label Maker ( perfect retro labeling for the Polaroid frame! )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Easter
 
I don't really need to explain the sentiment....do I girls? lol
The rabbit looks too scared to answer!
 
I think I cut the carrot from Create a Critter cartridge, it was a while back when Cricut gave us a free cut in the Cricut Craft Room. It's a really cute cartridge...and Jamie, if your reading this....it would make a fabulous Christmas present for me next year..hint hint...lol
 
Ranger - stickles
Maya Roads - tan felt flower
EK Success - Gem sticker
everything else - from my Easter stash bag
 
So, the question begs to be asked.....Does size matter?


15 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Ahahahaha!!! that Easter card is a hoot!

30 mothers day cards in 30 days...Wow!!! You have been busy so far!

Nana said...

Beautiful. Love the beautiful flowers on the first card and the carrot with the cute bunny and funny sentiment would be my fav. TFS~~~

Have a great day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

Helen said...

Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments for our Easter/Spring challenge.

Hugs Helen DT xx

Jean said...

Haha - love the Easter card! The Mother's day card is so bright and cheerful!

Winnie said...

You made me smile recalling my dad's old polaroid and us 6 kids standing around watching the magic. Waiting to we were "old" enough to be the one to pull them apart! Those pics are some of the most fun one we have in our collection.
Your cards are lovely. The first one is so cheerful an love the use of the labels, and the carrot one cracked me up!

Pam said...

Beautiful cards!! Love the sunny Mother's day card, so bright and cheerful and your carrot card is adorable!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Pat N. said...

Hot diggity! Your carrot card is so provocative, my dear! What sweet bunny wouldn't like a big carrot?! Lol. Love your Polaroid card too, and all the memories that come with it!

Redanne said...

Oh I remember polaroid cameras too, they were such fun! Love the word today Sandee, I never knew that is what that trick was called, so thanks for that. Both cards are beautiful, love the bunny on the second (it looks like Tim's new tag one...). I don't think size matters at all - but quality does! Hugs, Anne x

Lisa said...

Both of your cards are fabulous!! I love the polaroid frame and the flowers!! And, ha, the carrot card is hilarious!! Love it!! Happy Sunday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anita Scroggins said...

Sandee this is the cutest card!! I have got to use my Cricut more often!!

Katie said...

Hahaha, I cannot stop laughing at the carrot card! Good thing I am on an off period and there is no one around to ask why I am laughing!

Kalea Wavedancer said...

That takes the fun out of trying to remember what you already have. Geez, make it easy for a person. ;-) And did the butterfly see multicolor versions of itself as a human while it was tripping?

Mel @ Princess Melus Crafts said...

Love the colours here, definitely great for the Spring and Easter season!

Thank you for sharing this with us at Aud Sentiments!

Mel xx

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sandee! Thanks for linking this up to the Camera Craze Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What beautiful cards you have made. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx