Tuesday, March 12, 2013

cajole: verb

to persuade with flattery or gentle urging : coax
or
 to obtain from someone by gentle persuasion
also
 to deceive with soothing words or false promises
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's Tuesday, which means it's time for
Try it on Tuesday challenge:
 
Hats and Easter Bonnets

Our Sponsor for March is Crafty-emblies



Easter bonnets? Remember wearing them..with white gloves, black patent leather shoes and lacy edged socks? My dad, bless his southern heart, use to give mom and me corsages every Easter too!...sigh....Such sweet times to think about, and this challenge made me think of all those good things...way back then! I was inspired by vintage Easter images, like this:

So I drew this
DCWV - Glitter stack
Faber Castell - Art Grip Aquarelles, PITT pens
Reminisce - white pen
 
And sewed a few glass flower beads to her bonnet
 
I hope you get out your Easter bonnets and come play along with us over at Try it on Tuesday!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A quick and easy St. Patrick's Day card to be entered in:

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Me Monday - #152 Luck O' the Irish
 
I cut this out when it was a free cut from the Cricut Craft Room.....thinking maybe it was the Spring Cards cartridge, but I'm not positive, so if I am wrong, someone correct me!!
 
Echo Park - pattern paper
Reminisce - white pen
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
and #22 of 30 Mother's Day cards in 30 days to be entered in: 
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Chic to be shabby
Pan Pastels UK Challenge Blog - Challenge 10, Girly theme
 
Used Helmar's Liquid Scrapdot under the white flower and the banner, this is the BEST stuff!!
 
Inkadinkado - dress form stamp
Little Yellow Bicycle - Snugglebug paper
Prima - white flower
Ranger - antique linen Distress Ink, Liquid Pearls, buttercup
 
 
 

23 comments:

Nana said...

Cute cards. The drawing you did is fabulous. I love it.

Hugs Nana

Winnie said...

You have such a gift for drawing! Love your use of the beads to make flowers for her hat! The plaid looks fab for the St. Paddy's day card too!

Claudia N. said...

Love your drawing, sandee!

It reminds me of a childrens book I had, which I loved a lot. Mother Duck and her children went through some adventures I don't recall, but I am sure, they looked (and were dressed) quite the same as your cute duck!

Waving "servus" from Vienna to the Hills of North Carolina!

Hugs,

Claudia xxx

Craftychris said...

Fabulous card! Your drawing is awesome and on the Mother's Day card - I love the way the image is on a doily - georgeous! Its nice that you have such lovely Easter memories! xx

Mary Pat Siehl said...

so cute!!!!!!

Jean said...

You are the queen of cards!! I remember the gloves, shoes and fun coats!

wwilloww said...

All three cards are lovely but that chickie is soooo special!!! I just love your original art!!!

zandra said...

Great little chick and love the coloring.
Hugz, Z

Kim's Kreations said...

You really brought to mind some wonderful Easter memories. Love all your creative cards. Thanks for playing along with us this week at FCCB. Kim Ogden

Kalea Wavedancer said...

:-) I love the Mother's Day card!

Meggymay said...

Wonderful card. the hand drawn Eater Chick is fabulous and cute.
Yvonne x

Docerela said...

Great stitching and window card.

Thank you for joining our challenge over at FCCB

Catarina

Terry said...

Wonderful drawing! Such a lovely collection of cards and each is wonderful! Enjoy!

Brenda Brown said...

A great collection and what a pretty girly card Sandee, it's lovely to see it at PanPastel UK, thanks so much for sharing it with us.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are the queen of cards. You make lovely ones and that Mother's Day card really did it for me!! I love it.

You did a great job drawing the chick. So cute. You draw SO well.

BTW, I don't remember black shoes and white socks on Easter, but I'm not from the south (grin).

Alexa said...

Really cute duck image Sandee and the colours are great for Easter! x

Pam said...

Hi Sandee, great cards! You did an excellent job drawing the little chick! I have drawn a few of my card designs too.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE it, looks so spring-y!

My name is Cindy said...

You DREW it? You clever thing!! It's a really cute card. Cindy x

Mrs.B said...

Your little Easter Chick is fab!
Avril xx

Heather said...

Love the stitching on your St Patrick's Day card, and your drawing on the Easter card is amazing!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

Anonymous said...

Stunning Work!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

Life and Knits said...

Great cards! So glad you joined us this week at FCCB!

Susie