Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Relict: noun

a surviving species of an otherwise extinct group of organisms; also : a remnant of a formerly widespread species that persists in an isolated area
or
something left unchanged

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 


 
  
Still using Rangers Spring Pallette colors:
Distress Stain, Peeled Paint
Dylusions, lemon zest, vibrant turquoise

Used my Distress Marker, antique linen dipped in Distress Stain, vintage photo for the cross ( love this technique )
 
Had to use Tattered Angels, popsicle for the lavender color

Carmine Tango - font

I wanted to use the Ranger palette in the background, creating a soft backdrop for the cross. I dropped a small amount of ink on a piece of wax paper, added water and painted the colors with my water pen. Heat set and then spritzed with water and blotted.  Printed the saying directly on the card. My cross is outlined with Faber Castell PITT pen.
 
 
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
And #23 of 30 Mother's Day cards in 30 days
( I'll confess, I barely made this one in time, so I went for a great printed paper and embellished it some. )
 
 
Prima - paper
Cricut - French Manor cartridge, p. 39 ( bird )
Helmar - Gemstone Adhesive
Close to my Heart - marker
 
A close up of the scattering of tiny gems I added to the flowers:
 
entering this in:
Fab 'n' Funky challenge - #162 Add a Sentiment 

  

13 comments:

okienurse said...

great looking cards! and I love all the spring colors! RELIC! I just realized my husband wasn't using that as a term of endearment when he called me his old relic! Good thing he is asleep or I would give him an earful! Are you going to link to WOYWW this week? Vickie

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Sandee great inking on the cross card the yellow is very vibrant. you are doing well with your mothers day cards... do you really have 30 moms????
thanks for sharing and have a good week
janet WOYWW 197

Alexa said...

These are both lovely cards Sandee. The background on your cross is really gorgeous and I love the composition and little crystals on the second! x

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh my so so pretty- i love the bird!!!

Jean said...

Such beautiful cards!!

Jean said...

I nominated you for the liebster award. Check my blog for details:)

Winnie said...

Such a moving Easter card! Love the Ranger Pallette! The way you hung the purple vestment piece is just inspired. Glad you took a close up of the Mother's Day card, as I loved seeing the 3D flower work you added!

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, both cards today are beautiful, the background on the first is gorgeous and I love how you added the gems to the second very pretty card. Hugs, Anne x

Pam said...

Beautiful cards! Again, the first one looks like watercolors! Gorgeous!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

CraftygasheadZo said...

Beautiful work lovely! Love that palette, I do love Tim's colours! Take care Zo xx

Pat said...

Very pretty card, lovely design. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx

Beccy said...

lovely card thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week

Beccy s

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello again,

Fabulous cards!


Gabriela