Monday, March 4, 2013

Test Your Memory: What former Word of the Day begins with "L" and can be a synonym of "generosity"? The answer is ...

answer at bottom of post :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kicking heels up...I'm designing for Paper Playtime!! woo hoo!! Here is my first card for their challenge, Anything Goes! I hope you play along with us!!
Ch#5 Anything Goes
Begins: Mon, Mar 4
Ends: Sun, Mar 17
Prize $15 Gift Cert. from The Robin's Nest
Winner announced in the WINNERS Page Tab

Here's what I created for this challenge:
 And because the "hill" which has a sewed edge lifts up the sheep, I added a thin layer of Liquid Scrapdots under it's body and regular glue under it's feet. That way his feet aren't higher than his body. I hope that makes sense.

Cricut Cartridge - Country Life, p. 42
( First time I used this cartridge, Jamie gave it to me for my birthday!! Thanks again Jamie!!)
Sakura -  Gelly Roll pen
Helmar - Liquid Scrapdots
paper - all from my scraps
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Largesse
 

liberal giving (as of money) to or as if to an inferior; also : something so given
or
generosity
 
Did you get it correct?

26 comments:

Mandalika said...

I love that little sheep - how cute!

Nana said...

Very pretty scene card. Love the embossing.

Have a great day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, no I didn't get it but glad you put the answer on!! Another great card, I love sheep so this is right up my street and well done on the DT post too. Hugs, Anne x

BJ said...

I love all your quirky cards Sandee, always bring a smile to my face. Your Mother's Day isn't for a while yet is it? Ours is always the mid Sunday of Lent therefore next Sunday 10th March. BJ

Winnie said...

Too cute! Great card for your challenge! Love that you made a complete scene for your sheep! (I love sheep! I pay visits to the rare ones they have in Colonial Williamsburg when I vacation there..toooo cute.)

BrendaB said...

Love your card, Sandee!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

super job!! love the sheep!!!

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful card. Love the sewn grass and the beautiful EWE. GREAT sentiment too. Thanks for being a part of our DT. :) Janis

Pam said...

This is so pretty, I love the lamb and that you stitched the hills! You did a good job!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Meggymay said...

Great Mums Day card, love the play on words.
Yvonne x

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Super cute! I love the sewing! Welcome to the Paper Playtime team, I'm looking forward to working alongside you :)

Stacey
DT sister

Alison Scott said...

Great card again Sandee.
The sentiment is wonderful.

Lisa said...

This is absolutely adorable, Sandee!! I love the cute sheep!! The whole scene you've created with the hills and clouds is fabulous!! What an awesome card!! I'm so happy to have you on the team!! Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Carole Z said...

Love the sheep...soooo cute! Carole Z X

Barb King said...

The sheep is very cute, and love the sentiment! Well done, designer!

Cards and Crafts by Sheree said...

Oh heck no I did not get it correct....all I kept thinking that started with an L was lavish!!!
Very cute card...I love love love the sewn stitching!
Your DT sister,
Lynn (bootsandbling aka Sheree as well...lynn is my middle name)

Katie said...

Aw, I love the sheep! How cute!!

505whimsygirl said...

Another adorable Mother's Day card!

Love the ewe.....

Peace,
Kay

Shawnee said...

I love the sheep!! It is so cute!! Welcome to the Paper Playtime Team!!

Blessings,
Shawnee

Karen said...

has a wonderful primative look lovely. Karen

Sharon said...

How precious! Love this little lamb! And the stitching is great!! :)

~Tammy~ said...

I love the adorable sheep and your hills! A sweet Mother's Day card!

Migdalia said...

Super Cute card!Love it!
Have a Wonderful Day,
Migdalia

Aim said...

Your card is FABULOUS!! I just love that little sheep -- he makes me smile every time I see your card!! :) Your wonderful inspiration is a GREAT inspiration to the team!!

BIG HUGS,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Kalea Wavedancer said...

Uhm, it was for Christmas.

Unknown said...

Love your card!
And love the Sentiment!