Monday, March 4, 2013

abandon: noun

 a thorough yielding to natural impulses; especially : enthusiasm, exuberance
( not to be confused with the verb abandon...huh? No wonder they say that English is a very confusing language. It confuses me! )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my introduction post over at Frosted Designs, would love for you to go over there and leave the "Monday ladies" a warm welcome....and me too while you're there! ♥
 I also hope you play along with us!
 
It's time for one of the hottest trends out there over at Frosted Designs - CHEVRONS
( But not one of my favorite trends, I don't really like busy patterns, so after I lifted my head off the desk from moaning and groaning that my first post just had to be something I don't do well... and searched for a chevron paper...I discovered I had a couple of different ones... which surprised the heck out of me! )
 
Nevertheless, in for a penny, in for a pound...I made 4 banners, alternating with the chevrons and red and layered them on each other. Cut a blue strip and made a topper with the sentiment with 2 gemstone brads. Decided to put the banners over hounds tooth paper ( I mean as long as I am using one busy paper, I might as well use another busy pattern, lol ) as this will go into the masculine birthday section over at the Art MoB. The finishing touch is a thin red strip on the top and bottom of the card.

While I might not love chevrons, I do love having a sense of humor  :)
and hope who ever receives this also has one!!
 
 
Glitz, Oh what a Dame - chevrons, blue and red paper
Pink Paislee, Bayberry Collection - Hounds tooth paper
Faber Castell - PITT pen
brads - misc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And #13 for my 30 Mother's Day cards in 30 days challenge set up by the Art MoB:

 
Cricut - French Manor cartridge, p. 39
DCWV - Stardust Stack ( Gold glittered paper )
NRN -( from stash, very old )
My Mind's Eye - ( also from stash )
Kaiser - gem

 entering this card into:

Fantabulous Cricut - #151 By Bye Birdie 

16 comments:

Mandalika said...

Hi Sandee - waves from down under - Love your cards and am really excited to be on the DT with you. (One of my best friends lives in NC in Raleigh but I haven't been for about 3 years)

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, you may not like chevrons much but you have done a brilliant job on the card, love it. Also love your beautiful Mother's Day card too - great sentiment. Hugs, Anne x

BrendaB said...

Great cards, Sandee! I know what you mean by not liking busy patterns, but you did a great job with the chevron card - love the touches of red!

Alison Scott said...

Great card Sandee. Looks fantastic the touch of red really lifts it.

Barb Craft said...

Sandee.... you almost made me laugh so hard I almost spit out my coffee with your description of how you don't like chevrons!! Well, good news! You rocked the challenge! I love the way you used the red to break up the busy patterns of the other papers and the touch of blue is the perfect touch!

barb :)

Katie said...

That chevron card is awesome! Especially considering how much you don't like chevron!!

Teresa Jaye said...

LOVE the chevron card - perfect for an old guy!!!!! Congrats again on the FD DT - that's one great group of talented ladies!

Missy said...

Super bird card, I really like the text inside the banner!!

Crafting Misfit said...

I love the bird in flower cut! great use of neutral colors to make an elegant card!

Thanks for playing at Fantabulous Cricut!
Rebecca, Fantabulous Cricut DT
I would love to have you visit my blog!

Lydia said...

great cards honey- can't wait to see more of your work xxx

Cindy Vernon said...

Love your bird card. Thanks for playing along at Fccb.

Unknown said...

What a pretty card, Sandee! I didn't remember that bird from French Manor, so glad you used it and refreshed my memory :)

Thanks for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog- #151 Bye Bye Birdie!

Kim's Kreations said...

Love the patterned paper you used on the cricut cut and the sentiments. Thanks for playing along at FCCB. Kim Ogden

AmyT said...

Your card is adorable. Thanks for playing along at FCCB.

Heather said...

Way to go outside of your comfort zone with the houndstooth and the chevrons - I think that card turned out great! And I love the image you chose from French Manor with the bird inside the flower. You've inspired me to break out that cartridge! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

recollectionalley said...

Great bird card using French Manor. I love that cartridge! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

Janea
Recollection Alley