Sunday, March 24, 2013

riposte: noun

a fencer's quick return thrust following a parry
or
 a retaliatory verbal sally : retort
also
 a retaliatory maneuver or measure


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since my mermaids wall hangings have been selling well at the Art MoB, I have been wanting to make other mermaidery type projects. So I made this tag and am entering it in:

Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge - Water
 
 
Everything came from my stash! Hooray, I love using up some of the bits and bobs that pile up!
 I free hand cut the mermaid tail, edged it with Vintage photo distress inks and then covered it with a layer of stickles. Used my craft knife to cut one of the waves out and slid her in. Used Liquid Scrap dots to lift the wave up a little and one of her fins.
 
Used the Helmar 450 to hold down the big shell and Gemstone Adhesive to secure the micro beads.
  
Ranger - stickles, distress ink
Helmar - Liquid Scrap Dots, 450, Gemstone Adhesive
 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful embellishments and fabulous colour choices.

Winnie said...

How fun! Your ideas are so creative. Love her tail! Reminds me of the old movie Splash! I love the addition of the beads, such a cool touch!

Nana said...

Beautiful, love how all you see is the mermaids tail.

Hugs Nana

Meggymay said...

Wonderful tag, love the trimmings.
Yvonne x

MaryH said...

Just beautiful, and what a clever idea to create the mermaid tail. It really did look mystical. TFS

Candy C said...

Sandee...I really like your tag. The colors are nice. I like the cut out design and I love the charm you have hanging down the left side of your tag! That little chain of shells and then the palm tree at the bottom is too cute! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Migdalia said...

A lovely tag and a wonderful sentiment!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Oh her tail! Oh the beads! Oh the color! What a fabulous and fun ocean scene! Thanks for playing in our watered down challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

Kalea Wavedancer said...

Mermaids!