Saturday, March 2, 2013

clepsydra: noun

 
an instrument designed to measure time by the fall or flow of a quantity of water : water clock
( sounds like a disease if you ask me, lol)
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is card #11 for the 30 Mother's Day cards in 30 days issued by the Art MoB.
 
entering this in:
 Cute card Thursday: Challenge 258 Something Old
 ( my brads are old, don't even know who made them )
Inkspirational: Challenge #9
 
 
 
 
American Crafts - pattern paper ( Dear Lizzy )
Glitz Design - candy ball machine ( Oh What a Dame )
brads - misc ( removed brads parts )
Helmar - 450 ( to glue down brads with )
tissue paper - ( left over from bottom of spray box, who knows what sprays were used but they all come from Ranger products )
twine - misc.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe it's March already and that Easter is at the end of the month!!
So, I decided it was time to take down my winter wreath off my front door.
 
 I love my new Sony camera that Jamie gave me for my birthday, the macro shot feature works so much better on this camera than the one on my old Kodak!! This is a close up shot of the embellishments I used. An old Christmas ornament ( the cardinal ) and a branch I cut from my Cricut, Winter Wonderland cartridge out of chipboard and painted it.
 
 Put up my Easter bunny on my door, but I'm going to have to change it's colors for next year. It clashes with my spring welcome mat I bought last year....evidently I bought it after Easter and wasn't thinking about my bunny head that I had made! lol I made the bunny head last year at a crop, while everyone else was scrap booking I was making this! I'm going to need to paint the hat, and change his bow tie and then he'll be all matchy matchy...which will make me happy, happy!
 
 It doesn't feel very spring like out side, currently it's 36 degrees! brrrr....


15 comments:

Kalea Wavedancer said...

:-)

Unknown said...

You're right it does sound more like a disease than a water clock. Cute bunny door hanger. The temperature is not much warmer here - best stay indoors and do some crafting.

Neesie said...

It seems years since I visited you Sandee...I've got such a lot to catch up on.
You have a fantastic collection of cards here. I'd hoped to see a cardinal when we visited Canada but I wasn't that lucky.
I've not entered WOYWW for a while because I just couldn't get to create the artwork due to trying to visit everyone. I think I'm going to visit them once a month in future...I'm hoping that will be a better balance ;D
Have a wonderful weekend whatever you have planned. :D

Alison Scott said...

Your winter wreath is beautiful.
I love your bunny. He is so handsome.
It's very spring like here today. Sunny and into double digits Celsius! ! Positively tropical for us.

sandie said...

All fab cards and I love the candy ball machine and how it matches he sentiment perfectly.
Thanks for joining us again this week at Inksoirational-love seeing your designs x

Jean said...

Love your bunny! I just hung one up too.

MaryH said...

Well,you know I'm gonna like this wreath with the cardinal on it! Very pretty indeed. Like your cutie bunny too...His expression made me smile. It's cold here too, sun was out earlier, but now skies are darkening. Heard there was snow south of us, but not seen any in my area ...yet. It's called for. So stay warm, & TFS.

Redanne said...

Really love your candy ball card and the gorgeous cardinal wreath! What a great bunny too...... Hugs, Anne x

Lisbeth K said...

It sure sounds like a disease! Spooky...
And your card is STUNNING!!! The tissuepaper is georgeous, no matter how it was made *lol*- it gives the card a lot of charm :) Beautiful colors! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational this week :)
Btw; your winter wreath is amazing! We don't have cardinals here, but I understand it's a bird that's symbols winter and Christmas for you. Here in Norway it's the bullfinch that have this honor:)

Mynn xx said...

LOVE this card, Sandee! The image is so fun and I LOVE the artsy feel of it! Thanks for joining us at Inks! :)

Unknown said...

How cute Sandee! I love the candy ball machine. I used to love getting candy and gum from them. The sentiment matches it perfectly. Lovely Mother's Day card! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational this week!

Annette said...

Beautiful cards . The coloring is amazing ...
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational this week .
Annette xx

Donna Nuce said...

Love your gumball machine for the Inkspirational sketch! So cute!

Katie said...

I really love the bunny! He looks so cheerful for spring :)

Ruth M said...

Beautiful card with a whimsical touch! Love the gumball machine and the sentiment is perfect to use with it! Wow, fab use of the sprayed tissue paper!
Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Inkspirational & I really hope to see you playing along with us again soon! Ruth x