Saturday, March 30, 2013

fuliginous: adjective

sooty 
or
 obscure, murky
also
 having a dark or dusky color

 
( OK, there are some words that you just HAVE to try to remember, this be one of them! )
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entering my card today in:
 
Simon SaysStamp and Show Challenge - Quotable
and in
 
Go here to play along with Inkspirational
and in
Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge #87 Friendship
 
Which came first? The quote or the sketch?
I haven't a clue...but together they made for a cute Friendship card.
 
 
I replaced the 3 dots in the sketch with a crack in the egg...just goes so perfect with the quote! Stamped the butterfly directly onto the egg and then again on red paper, fussy cut it out and covered it with stickles.
 
No fuliginous colors here :) 
 
Cricut Craft Room - Easter 2010 ( free cut ), egg
Close to my Heart - stamp
StazOn - ink
Ranger - stickles
Reminisce - pattern paper
Faber Castell - PITT pen ( to draw crack in egg and outline )
Cheddar Salad BTN - font
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Elizabeth has asked me about my mixed media wall hanging signs, so here is a 6 month re-cap:
 
September - 3
October - 7
November - 2
December - 5
January - 0
February - 0
 
So that's 17 signs in 6 months, and like I said in this post, the Art MoB is tourist driven.
 Signs are trickier than cards I think. I have learned to put them up to sell even when I personally didn't like them, 'cause somebody else might love it. I have sold 3 signs that amazed me as I didn't like them at all :) I've talked with the other artists at the Art MoB and we all agree that it's very hard to discern what will appeal to someone. I've had 'my favorites' up there and it took months for them to sell...
you just never know.
 
Christian based - 4 out of 5 ( they sell well )
mermaids themed - 3 for 3 ( they also sell well )
seasonal - 1 out of 6 ( does not sell very well )
 
The remaining 9 signs that sold are everyday based, ranging in all sorts of different themes.



19 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the update. I appreciate it. It looks like it depends on the market and who visits the gallery. I'm glad you are doing well, though.

Your card was "eggs"actly perfect, in that it cracked me up (grin)!!

Papercraft By Carole said...

A perfect quote to go with our Friendship theme over at Crafty Cardmakers. Love the cracked egg, and that stripy DP is brilliant, Thanks for joining us this time. Cxx

Winnie said...

Such a fun card! Love that sentiment. Had me chuckling. Such pretty paper that makes the egg show so great. I find it funny that some of the cards I make that I don't like are the ones grabbed first sometimes. So weird to me at times, but it is all good. I recall a Halloween card I LOVED and showed hubby and he HATED it said the blood was too realistic (embossed so it would look wet) and so I brought it to work, and had 4 people ask for one. Is the shop you sell for online as well so others can look and order from it as well?

Dan said...

What a great quote! I love that striped background too. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

MaryH said...

Nothing murky about THIS card indeed! Love the bright stripes with your cracked egg. I always laugh at that sentiment...how true it is. Really liked your take on the sketch. Happy Easter & TFS

Alison Scott said...

Great sentiment, brilliant card.

Julia S-W said...

Great card and I just LOVE that quote - I'm so cracked now I'm shattered!! Teehee!
Hugs, Juliaxx

Meggymay said...

Love the friendship quote on your fantastic Easter card. Thanks for sharing it with us at CCM as well.
Yvonne x

Jean said...

Cute card! Interesting about the sales but I agree. Try to sell it even if you don't like it.

Jeri said...

Well that made me laugh out loud. Really cute saying. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Cardz.

Nana said...

Beautiful card. Love the sentiment.

Have a great day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Sharon said...

Fab take on the sketch, great sentiment! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Cardmakers. Good luck! Sharon x

Unknown said...

Sandee this is just beautiful! I love that cracked egg! That and the sentiment made me giggle. The background paper really shows off the egg. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational this week!
hugs,
Ellen

Mynn xx said...

This is just gorgeous, Sandee! LOVE that quote and your egg shape is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

Katie said...

I loved your cracked egg card!

That is really interesting about which wall hangings sell. I think the hardest thing can be that many people don't think of the holidays until they are decorating for them. Unless you are a crafter and have to think ahead ;)

shelly said...

awesome card sandee love the cracked egg and the sentiment :) thanks for sharing with us at ccc :)

Kalea Wavedancer said...

That's right mermaids sold!

Yvonne Garner said...

Such a humorous card! Love it! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational.

Ruth M said...

Sandee, what a fun friendship card and a perfect take on our sketch challenge! I love that quote - it's so true!
Thanks so much for sharing your fab card with us at Inkspirational, please come back soon! Ruth x