Friday, March 29, 2013

laudable: adjective

worthy of praise : commendable

pronunciation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
March Creative Dare with Tracy Weinzapfel
Create a piece using BUTTONS including a song (lyrics and/or title) that means a lot to you!

Also entering this project into Simon Says Stamp and Show Quotable challenge.

I knew I wanted to paint something that I could use and see everyday along with lyrics from the Beatles, which reminds me of my childhood.  This was the first "canvas" that I painted along with Tracy on Monday night. Used a button for the Hot Air Balloon's basket.
 
On this "canvas" I used a Quilter's pin wheel to create the star burst pattern. When I was a kid I use to love singing this song, lol I used a button for the center of the sun.
Tracy went away for a week to supposedly work while in Las Vegas...yeah, we know what happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas..wink wink I still painted Monday sort of re-creating one of my favorite wall hangings and used a rhinestone button ( removed the shank ) for the center of her outfit.
Last Monday night I painted this one which I am also entering it into Pan Pastel's Photo Inspiration challenge. I was inspired by the salmon color and the flower. I used a pearl button ( removed shank ) for the center of the flower.

So have you guessed by now what my "canvases" were?
I like how I can turn it to fit my mood.
And it looks great from any angle...well it does to me I should say, lol
 
One of things I would have done differently looking back, would be the way I did the buttons on the top of the box. I wish I had just chopped up all the buttons and made it into a more mosaic look. It also would have been easier to conform to the square shape.
 
This is where it will sit on my crafting desk shelf
 

25 comments:

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

I love it!!! It's amazing.. I never even knew I was looking at ONE PIECE!! How creative is that!?!?!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe how long it's been since I've been here. But it's been a long time since I've spent any time on the computer. So now I'm catching up, or trying to.

It appears you were a Beatles fan (grin). I never caught that bug. but I adore that tissue box, and really love the girl in the rain image. That is fantastic.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You totally had me! Each side is WONDERFUL!!! Each one worthy for the wall! Gorgeous Art! I love the quotes and sayings and songs on each one, and button cap is FUN! Makes me want to blow my nose just so I could see it! Fabulous and original! Thank you for using your words with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

Sandy said...

This is so cool Sandee You really had me I thought it was 4 wonderful canvases until the reveal at the bottom. I so love all the colors it looks fantastic on your desk.. I love your take from last Monday, the flower it is beautiful.. The ballerina is so lovely I love the background on it..
Awesome work..
Vicki :)

Winnie said...

Ah Ha! Very clever canvases! Love that it is functional to boot! Such fun individual pieces turned into on great piece. Funny, I have been married twice . Lost the first hubby and then remarried. BOTH love (d) the Beatles. I, know and enjoy the usual hits, but my late hubby was asked to tell a friend the songs he loved by them and she would record them for him to listen to during treatment. I recall him saying "Rocky Raccoon" for one, and me saying, huh?" I keep those fun cd's she made for him and smile at the kindness. My hubby Alan has all his still on Vinyl as well as cds. Me, I like country.

Redanne said...

It looks great from all angles to me too Sandee, a lovely piece of art! Hugs, Anne x

Jean said...

Aren't you so clever!!! LOVE each of the different sides. You took this to a new level.

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee,

Very cool! I would never have guessed what your "canvas" was. I'm planning to make my canvas based on Monday's video over the weekend.

Have a blessed Easter.

Hugs,
Kay

Brenda Brown said...

I love all your pieces here with gorgeous summery colours and a mix of images. How lovely to have something practical that you can keep near you on your desk. Thanks for linking it to the PanPastel challenge this week.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Kalea Wavedancer said...

Nice! This is a cool idea.

Meggymay said...

Fabulous project, love your thinking to turn the box to suit the mood.
Yvonne x

Mary said...

I love your tissue box. I would have done the top with the buttons EXACTLY like you did it. I love buttons. Your entry is really really unique. You inspire me.
Thanks mary ~ Southern Gothic Whimsy

Tracy Weinzapfel said...

Boy oh boy would I want that by my bedside if I had a cold. Brilliant idea!

Migdalia said...

Wonderful projects!!Love your tissue box,I just finish working on one of them..Love it!
Have a wonderful weekend & a Happy Easter,
Migdalia

~ Jo ~ said...

WOW you are very talented and crafty! I just LOVE all of it!!!

Hugs,
Jo

Carole Z said...

Well you had me too! I wouldn't have guessed it was one piece...absolutely fabulous!!! Carole Z xx

MaryH said...

What a marvelous box you created for your tissues! I enjoyed seeing each canvas, but I think my fav was the ballerina, and her pearl & sparkly button. I also liked that you used the sewing accessory to create your starburst pattern. Nice to be able to interchange our tools! This is a lovely project, & the buttons on top were pretty too. Great ideas. TFS & Happy Easter.

Alison Scott said...

Wonderful work Sandee. I woukd never believe from the photos that it was a hankie box.

Claire Grantham said...

Hi Sandee, thanks for swinging by my blog. Dress form card is my fave too:) I love your box, especially the hotair balloon and dancer sides. Move is on 2nd of May...eek! Cx

Teresa Jaye said...

oh.my.goodness! What an amazing and fun project. I was thinking, "my, she's quite gone loco with the button theme!" What a surprise to find them all on one project - I LOVE it!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful tissue box, I love how each side is unique and individual. Let's hope it brings some good sunshine filled days. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Anna said...

This turned out TOO cute!!! Love it!!

Suzanne C said...

What a lovely way to showcase your art and to cover up the tissue box! Sweet panels. Love the sentiments/quotes you used. Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Nana said...

WOW, what a stunning Tissue Box. Love all the textures and papers. Your projects are always such a joy.

Have a great day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

maxiesmom said...

Look at your crafty self go! What a terrific project. Great challenge piece.