Friday, March 1, 2013

tchotchke: noun


knickknack, trinket
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Today is the start for Frosted Designs Challenge - Chevrons, so head over there and play along with us....oh did I say US? I sure did, I am now officially designing for Frosted Designs. < big smile >
 
Our sponser for this challenge is:
Who has kindly offered a $20.00 Gift Certificate to the winner!
 
 
Here is my 10th card for the 30 Mother's Day cards in 30 days challenge issued by the Art MoB....I made a card using chevrons to play along, although my first "official" card for this challenge will be posted on Monday on the Frosted Designs Blog.
 I hope you come back to see it :)
 

SEI - papers
pearl button - misc. ( removed the shank )
Helmars - 450 ( to hold that big bad boy button firmly on my card )
 

14 comments:

Redanne said...

Woohoo Sandee, well done on becoming a DT member! Love this card, the chevrons are amazing (love the one with the chevrons on it...) and the sentiment is brilliant. Well done again! Hugs, Anne x

Winnie said...

Congrats on DT appointment. I am off to check them out as they are new to me. Love your mother's day card, as that sentiment cracked me up.

Eliza said...

Another really nice card, your ideas and styles are endless

Eliza

Pam said...

Very pretty card! Beautiful papers, and I love the little "tchotchke" in the corner!
Pascrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love that sentiment!! awesome

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee,

What a cute Mother's Day card. I like the saying - and would have so appropriate for my MOM!

Hugs,
Kay

aworkofheart said...

Hi Sandee, thank you so very much for stopping by my blog and leaving me such an encouraging message. Although I live in British Columbia, I have been to North Carolina, and girlfriend, it is such a beautiful state if I must say so myself!!!! And the people are soooooooo KIND!!! I love your card, particularly the sentiment and the color choice. I have just become your newest follower, perhaps you might revisit me and become one of my followers too. Thanks again!

Meggymay said...

A great card, had to smile when I read the sentiment.
Yvonne x

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! I love the second part of that sentiment! Its too funny!

Fierypixiedust said...

Congrats on making another design team, Sandee!! I love the Chevron design and that sentiment is so funny! Looking forward to getting to know you better!!! =)

-Mee Chelle

Barb King said...

Good for you to get on a design team! Funny sentiment on this card, I love it!

Pat N. said...

Great card, and congrats on your design team spot, Sandee!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congrats on making the design team. I know you'll make all kinds of great designs now. And that card is very sweet, too. You make great cards.

MaryH said...

You are really working on your MDay goals, and so successfully. This card has such a sweet & amusing sentiment. Like the kraft background...it looks a bit 'corrugated' in the design, and your chevron & solid sentiment banner really set off the color of the background. Congratulations on your new DT assignment. You'll do just great. TFS