Sunday, March 17, 2013

True or False Quiz time!

Are you ready? Here we go!
 
( oh, evidently I was not ready, lol )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I admit I was distracted yesterday, the sun was shinning, the birds were singing and I had cabin fever. I spent the afternoon out on my balcony cleaning, and pre-planning what flowers I want to try this summer...lol...I say try because it's a rather shady spot, and flowers and shade aren't the easiest combination for growing beautiful flowers, foliage, yes.

So working on a card was distracting...so being that I was in a scattered state of mind I went with a base that I could work on, and then walk away from and back into the sun as needed. I decided to create a mosaic base, and once it was finished I gave it a light swipe with some gesso..looks like tile to me. The pieces of paper are all from my scrap bin..which is growing larger and needs to be worked from!

#27 of 30 Mother's Day cards in 30 days which I am entering in:

Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 260 Anything Goes
 
 
 

Really Reasonable Ribbon - twine
Maya Road - flower ( pink felt flower, also cut apart to make 2 flowers )
Helmar - 450 ( used to adhere flower parts )
Ranger - Distress marker
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
And being that today is St. Patrick's Day...I saved my most favorite card to share with you!
OK, the card may not be that great, but I love the paint brush!! lol
I had the most fun with this, I sewed the brown bristles, glued on the green fiber. Embossed the brush handle and used flashing tape for the band. It was a blast making it!
 
entering my card into:
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and the last parting thought for you today:
Warm Wishes Urology 5x7 Folded Card

 


17 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Sandee,
You will have to link over to Di's Snippets challenge with your fist card - very very clever - and lurve the brush, so agree, great green paint an all, well done great share :D Shaz in oz.x

Mrs.B said...

Love this St. Pat's card - fab job with the brush.
Hugs, Avril

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, the Mother's Day card is beautiful, love how you used some scraps. For me the star of the show is the paint brush - it looks so realistic! Wowzers girl, that was a genius idea, it is amazing - you are so talented. Oh yes, very funny at the end too..... Hugs, Anne x

Claudia N. said...

A very clever idea with the green fibres, sandee!

That looks just great!
Enjoyed the "warmest wishes" too *LOL.

Big hug,
Claudia xx

Winnie said...

Happy St. Paddy's day to you! Your mosaic card is lovely (and I bet helped you feel less distracted as I know you have to focus to create such a background!) But the paintbrush card is my favorite as that brush is too amazing. You are so creative to come up with this as as town across america have their streets painted today, it is PERFECT.

Meggymay said...

Wonderful cards. Loved the mothers day verse and had a good laugh at the Paddys day greeting.
Yvonne

Jean said...

Love how you used your scraps! That St Patty's card is amazing!! Top of the day to yoU!

Pat said...

Super card, absolutely love the brush you made, so clever. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week, hope to see you again next time.

Pat xx

Heidi Bound NYC said...

LOVE the paintbrush! Would love to see a video tutorial of how you made that! AMAZING!

Pam said...

Hi Sandee! Love your cards, the Mothers Day Grandma card is so sweet! Your paint brush is awesome!
Well, we are full blown in the midst of moving (YUCK)! I will try to keep up with my email as long as I can.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

This is so cute
Thank you for joining us at Little Scrap pieces.
LSP--DT member
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

So fun! Such a great idea using the fibers:) Very creative!
Thanks for joining us at Little Scrap Pieces!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kim said...

THIS is the coolest piece of art I have ever seen. Swear. I love this and you are soooo talented.
HUGS

Robin said...

Oh kiddo! Both are wonderful, but the paintbrush made me stop and read and re-read, and zoom while wondering how the heck did she do that....awesome AWESOME work! you are so talented!

Shelly said...

Oh wow! That is the most awesome brush I have ever seen! It's incredible! Great card!!

Thank you for joining up at Little Scrap Pieces this week!
Shelly

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Well, I had no idea that katzenjammer meant hangover. LOL,great word.
I love that paintbrush. I seriously had to look at it several times to make sure it wasn't a real brush. Fantastic!

Karen said...

wow a lot of work on that paint brush but the results are phenomenal! Thanks so much for joining the lsp challenge. Karen