Friday, March 22, 2013

demotic: adjective

of, relating to, or written in a simplified form of the ancient Egyptian hieratic writing
or
 common, popular
and
 of or relating to the form of Modern Greek that is based on everyday speech
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday was the second day of spring...huh? I woke up to this and thought I must be dreaming!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
entering this little bunny in:
 
Die Cuttin Divas - Challenge #107 Use a bunny
So do you eat the tail or the ears first?
Ears for me, lol...although I haven't had a chocolate bunnies in eons!
Cricut  Craft Room - Easter Seasonal 2010
( This was offered in the CCR as a free cut, made my base card shape and then the cover, and the bow )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inkspirational Challenge #12



I love having a sketch challenge and trying to come up with an alternate way to do it yet keep within the parameters of the sketch requirements. I was worried at first at the mono chromatic aspect to the challenge but once I began digging through my stash it all came together on it's own. I just love that!


I have used Liquid Scrapdots for many tiny things before but I think this little bee that I fussy cut out is the tiniest of them all!
ANOTHER reason I love Liquid Scrapdots is the layering effect. I know that twine and burlap aren't that thick, but when you want your die cut to "float" equal to the material; it sure makes that feat possible with Liquid Scrapdots. With pop dots, you have a height you cannot manipulate, but with LSD, anything is possible! I used the LSD under the flower and under the top portion of the clay pot.


American Crafts - pattern paper
Cricut - Stretch Your Imagination cartridge, p. 80 ( tag )
Close to my Heart - ink marker
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Hemp ribbon ( bow )
Prima - flower ribbon
Helmar - 450, Liquid scrapdots
K&Co. - Gem
Ranger - Liquid Pearls
rub on sentiment,twine, clay pot, glitter flower, burlap - misc.

Reminder: Paper Playtime has their Challenge #6 to Use a Bee up an running.

19 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

Hi Sandee, yes a blanket of snow is covering the uk at the moment too, especially in the north, we have been lucky down south but its oh so cold...your piccy is gorgeous as is your very cheerful springtime tag...Melxx :)
P.S. yes ears first followed by the whole lot :)

Redanne said...

Great makes again today Sandee, loving that little bee! Unfortunately we have the same blanket of snow here today along with blizzards and biting east winds....yes, Spring indeed! Hugs, Anne x

Alison Scott said...

Love the bunny and the tiny bee I can cope with - don't let me see the real thing!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

wonderful projects sandee!!! so springy! we are supposed to get a lot of snow on sunday!! i am wishing for the warm weather!!

Winnie said...

So ready for Spring weather here too! Snow up here yesterday and cold all week. I want so much to get into my garden! Your card made me smile and feel sunny! Great to have a stash, as you can just create as you go. LOVE the fence and bow! I have the LSD on my list from the other day, and can't wait to try. Happy weekend!

Nana said...

Cute bunny card. I go for the ears as well. Love the sketch you nailed it. What a cute bee and all the sparkle is fab.

Have a great day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely beautiful work, Sandee! Your chocolate bunny looks good enough to eat and I adore the monochrome color scheme! GORGEOUS! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

Gerda said...

What a super cute bunny card and your tag is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Oh no! Snow on Day 1 of spring! That is not okay!

The bunny is so cute. I love how the ears have a bite :)

But the tag is my favorite. Burlap and bees are some of my favorite embellishments!

Jean said...

The bunny looks good enough to eat!

MaryH said...

Hi Sandee, you keep that snow up in the mountains! We in the SC Piedmont don't want any! Your card is so cute, and I love the little bees. Liquid Scrap Dots is a new supply to me...when you have time,could you please explain what it is & where to find it????(if local stores). I'm familiar with the pop dots, but the LSD was a new term. Your little bee was just too adorable, and was so cute with your clay pot. TFS

Anonymous said...

How bright and fun! What a great use of burlap. I love that burlap bow! So glad that you joined us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Lisbeth K said...

VERY interesting card! So many funny details and textures! Love it! And PLEASE tell more about the LSD (not the drug...)Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational this week :)

Unknown said...

Hi Sandee! I love what you did with the sketch!!! Your monochromatic color scheme is beautiful and I adore that you used a flower pot for the lower image with the flower creating the "circle".
hugs,
Ellen

Unknown said...

OH I think I got ahead of myself. I meant to add this. Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational!

Pat N. said...

Love your choco Easter Bunny. I would eat the ears first too, but also haven't had one in eons! Mary Sue Pecan eggs are my fav! Your tag is wonderful too, Sandee. A little LSD can go a long way! haha!! Every time I see that on your blog, I go what?! Sure isn't spring here either yet, we might get a few inches on Monday!

Ruth M said...

What a sunny, springtime tag Sandee, a fabulous take on our sketch challenge! Love all the different textures and finishes! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inkspirational again, please come back soon! Ruth x

Cards and Crafts by Sheree said...

Sandee,
Love your tag! The little bee is the bomb!
Hugs,
Sheree

Pia S said...

Such a great tag! Love the added texture, the cheerful yellow color tones and those cute little bees!