Tuesday, March 26, 2013

nascent: adjective

coming or having recently come into existence
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's Tuesday and it's time for our new challenge which is:
Our challenge is to use old packages, plastic boxes string etc and upcycle them!!
Go check out what my fellow DT members created, I was blown away with their creativity!
 
 
I love this challenge! I have 2 little old ladies who live on the ground floor and I enjoy making then surprises to have. I took a half an egg carton and embellished it. First applying some coordinating pattern paper to cover the top.
 
 Little Scrap Pieces is having a challenge to use a hand made embellishment.
I made washi tape or faux ribbon, however you want to look at it, lol I took masking tape and laid it out on a piece of wax paper ( so it would lay flat to work on it, yet wouldn't stick ) Then I rubbed some Ranger Distress Stain on it and spritzed it with water. Then made faux stitching lines on it with a Distress Marker. Great way to trim the egg carton since it's tape.Added a small flower with a drop of Liquid Pearls to finish it off.
Tied it up with some scrumptious Really Reasonable Ribbon and filled it with fun Easter goodies...yum..snacked on a few of them myself ;)
Over at Anything but a Card they are asking you to create something Spring or Alice in Wonderland related, and this definitely falls into the spring category!
 
Our sponsor for this month's challenge is Craft-embellies with a  £10 store voucher.
( currency convertor )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name That Synonym:
 Fill in the blanks to create a synonym of "nascent":
  i_c_p_e_t
Answer found here...you didn't think I'd tell you, did you?
 

25 comments:

Winnie said...

What a sweet surprise for your two friends! How clever. I love that you made your own ribbon out of masking tape to boot! I haven't seen that before. Love to repurpose what would be trash to something someone will treasure...Heck, chocolate is involved too!

Claudia N. said...

Hah, had the right answer to your word puzzle, sandee!

And your project looks Eggs-traordinary! (Love your word play :)

Hugs,
Claudia

Bee and Dee said...

A brilliant project, Dee thought it was a great idea and may use it with her Sunday School class next year if that is okay. Hugs bee

Jean said...

That is SO sweet!!! Did you make me one too?? Love it!

Kristi said...

What an awesome project! Love how you made faux washi,very clever!

zandra said...

Love making the faux washi tape! Great little project.
Hugz, Z

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a fun idea

wwilloww said...

I've been reading your blog but unable to leave a message (well I think I was able to leave one in the last week). It's something on my end and very frustrating but anyway I have been loving your posts. Your chickie is adorable and so are your bunnies. Your candy container today is also wonderful. The little old ladies will love it!!! Oh, and your mermaid tag was great. It took me a sec to realize she was diving... LOL

Claudia N. said...

Me again, sandee!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my metamorphosis-tray (and for laughing with me about the selfless cookie-eating-thingie of course)!!! Your laud really means a lot to me!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Cheryl Walker said...

Omgosh I LOVE this idea too!!! How sweet to surprise them with nice treats, and a beautiful candy container!! Never thought to cut one in half, might have to try to find a pretty blue one like you have at one of our grocery stores here. I love the RRRibbon you used too! that is funny how we both made candy containers and both used Really Reasonable Ribbon!!! FUN!!!

Again Beautiful Job, and LOVE this!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Patricia said...

OH! MY! Goodness! never in a million years would I have thought an egg box could be so fantastic. I love what you have done. This would be great for my 2 Grandsons.
Thanks for the inspiration

Patricia xxx

Ellie Knol said...

LOVELY!!

Meggymay said...

Fantastic recycling, a wonderful gift idea.
Yvonne x

Nana said...

What a unique project. Turned out beautifully. Love the colors and the candy inside sure looks good.

Hugs Nana

My name is Cindy said...

Brilliant, what a great easter goodie box!! I love your way with words. Hugs, Cindy x

Shelly said...

Ha, so creative! Great use of masking tape - you may have started something :)

Thank you for joining us at Little Scrap Pieces!
Shelly

Kalea Wavedancer said...

Cute!

Karen said...

wow that is so awesome love the look of that ribbon. I am going to put that on my list of things to try and pin this. Such a thoughtful gift. Thanks so much for joining the LSP Challenge. Karen

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is super fun and yummy! I would be thrilled to receive such goodies! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm all about the recycle aspect of this project.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Sandee I love what you made but I love even more the thought behind it! True Kindness!
Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card this challenge.

DIANA L. said...

This is so cute I just love your clever idea -- and it turned out perfect!!
Thank you for joining us at Little Scrap pieces.
LSP--DT member
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Julia S-W said...

My internet dropped out just as I pressed to send the comment I'd written - so annoying. I don't know if you received it or not now! I think you are a very kind person to do this for your neighbours. I've never seen this done to an egg carton before either. Not sure where you find the time to be such a creative person Sandee! Thanks for joining us for the third time this challenge (at Anything But A Card).
Enjoy your weekend.
Juliaxx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Sandee, Great project, and I love the way you have organised the inside in version '2'
Happy Easter
Avril xx

Words and Pictures said...

What a cute bit of upcycling - such an appropriate gift box for Easter, and the goodies look so cool all laid out inside!
Alison x