Friday, September 21, 2012

flop: noun

a complete failure 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My poor little turkey, desperate not to be eaten for Thanksgiving was submitted for publication but didn't get accepted. I thought it was cute, lol...oh well :) I always like to share my failures as well as my successes just to prove it's not how many times we fall that's important, but how many times you get back up that is important! And from my little quote mini album I made a couple of years ago is one of my favorites by Thomas Edison:
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"


So here he is, and he gets another chance in Divas by Design: Challenge 53 Lovely Layers, where he has ( not including the card mat ) about 8 layers, 2 pattern papers, the die cut and the die cut layers, the twine and the ribbon, the sign ( made from a Reminisce sticker label ) and the lettering, if you count the rhinestone eye he actually has 9 layers.
It has some nice detail, dimension...inked and sandpaper edges, Sakura Glaze pen for his colored tail and snood...he is so cute I just want to eat him up....sorry little turkey! A little bit of Really Reasonable Ribbon for a finishing touch.
and I even decorated the inside too!
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Short post today because tomorrow I will be doing a live demo at the Art MoB Studio making one of my wall art signs......yikes!  I hope I do OK and don't embarrass myself, any prayers will be greatly appreciated! lol I'm thinking of bringing my camera and trying to capture my work in progress, so if I do embarrass myself, you will get to see that too! HA!
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
And remember all you pinner addicts, to link up your projects to Project Pinterest!
 

9 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh my golly! that turkey card is just way too cute and funny!!! LOVE it!!

Jean said...

I think he is adorable!! You will be amazing tomorrow!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Not sure why this wasn't accepted. I think he is a cutie. Best of luck tomorrow. I know you'll be a STAR!

Nora MacPhail said...

Very cute! Wonderful creative blog you've got here.
Happy Creating.

Rita said...

I think he's cute!! Sorry he wasn't accepted. Keep submitting!! :)

505whimsygirl said...

He's adorable! I don't know why he didn't get chosen.

I hope you had fun with your demonstration. I'm sure you did GREAT!
Hugs,
Kay

Eliza said...

I am running late sorry, trying to catch up love the card real cute. How did your demo go? can't wish you luck it is past history, but still interested.

Hugs Eliza

Katie said...

I like him a lot! He is adorable, and almost makes me consider having ham instead!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

No! It should read: EAT PIZZA! Come to the dark side and enjoy Thanksgiving pizza--so much less work! I'm tell ya. I like his stick legs.