Tuesday, September 18, 2012

snood: noun

The flap of skin that hangs over the turkey's beak is called a snood. It turns red when the turkey is upset or during courtship

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since I am entering this card into the PanPastel challenge, I try to do a little more artistic measures, like hand drawing the turkey and sign, painting, and using my old chalk set. ( As close as I can get to PanPastels, lol ) I have to say that their sponges and applicators are the best and I love the ones I purchased. ( even for the old fashion chalks ) I used my Sakura Glaze pens for the tail and snood, and my Pitt Pens to outline everything with.
I wanted the sign he is holding to stand out a little bit so I wiped some white acrylic paint on with my finger, and I have a dry Copic ( just haven't taken the time to refill it ) and swiped it over the edges. Again, ( like yesterday's card ) I printed my text out on regular paper and then laid my "sign" over it using an uplight box to trace over the words with my Pitt Pen. ( have I mentioned lately how much I love these pens?? )
 
PanPastel UK Challenge # 36 Autumn/Fall
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - Harvest Festival #138

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Project Pinterest
 

13 comments:

Tracey FK said...

that is my family... freakin turkeys everywhere... I am going to be complementing people on their snoods like crazy next get together and they will have no clue what I am talking about... thanks you dear Sandee you ay have just saved my sanity!!!!

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, now this card I love! Fabulous drawing and the best words I have seen for a long time..... it's brilliant. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Mary Pat Siehl said...

another good one!!

Krisha said...

LOL.....LOVE the card, and the soft colors.

TwinkleToes2day said...

Hahaha - now that is just brilliant!! :0)

Katie said...

I love this card! The saying on the sign is really fun, and I love the Thanksgiving colors. The hand drawing is amazing! You are really talented!

Sue said...

this is brilliant. I love your image and the wording is fabulous - gave me a good giggle!
Thank you for taking part in the Fab n Funky Challenge

Sue

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I had no idea abou the snood - you learn something new every day :) Cute card!!!

Claire said...

Fab card, love your drawing and that sign really made me giggle. Thanks for sharing such a creative project with us at PanPastel UK this week
Claire xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love the word snood! Isn't there a ladies head wrap thing also called a snood? Like the lady in Grey Gardens wore... Jackie O's nutty relatives. Although she wrapped anything over her head but the idea was there. Anyway... TURKEYS! At least you have turkeys in your family. I have turds. They stink. Love that you hand drew that card! Um... why do you stamp if you can draw?!?!?!?!!! I like how you made the sign really pop.

Unknown said...

Really creative thanks for sharing with us over at PanPastel Uk Challenge Blog.

Kerry DT Leader

Rita said...

Another funny one! ;)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had trouble understanding why you needed a light box until I reread the post a couple of times. I don't own one of those gizmos, but I bet they are handy.

I can see you are just about ready for Thanksgiving with all these cards you have made this week.