Sunday, September 2, 2012

inaugural: adjective

Initial; first

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brand new challenge site, where they are having their inaugural challenge!! woo hoo!! And it's perfect for all those crafters out there making anything BUT cards, lol I love it!
+
Anything But a Card - Anything Goes Challenge

 So without further ado, here is a wall hanging for my gallery:

chipboard, burlap, twine - misc
chipboard letter - random and all painted white then coated with Rangers Candy Crackle and Tim Holtz ink ( Mowed Lawn and Antique Linen ) rubbed into the letters ( Prayers and Jesus left white )
buttons - Fancy Pants
green letters - Sandy Lion
cross - Cousin charm ( Walmart )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget, Project Pinterest resumes on the 10th of each month and we will announce our featured pinner then!

21 comments:

Rita said...

Cute!! :)

Darnell said...

Totally, absolutely, LOVE it!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sounds like your latest project fills the bill nicely. I had a good laugh, too.

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...ahhh this is superb Sandee, loVe your wall hanging, wise words and the little buttons are cute...Mel :)

Redanne said...

This really made me smile - great job Sandee, love it!. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Julia S-W said...

Oh Sandee I did smile when I read the words on your wall hanging - how perfect for so many people! I like the crispness of your piece which allows the quote to speak for itself. Love the texture of the hessian (burlap?) background and the little buttons are a great addition.I'm sure I can see a tiny little cross in there too - perfectly placed of course!
Thanks so much for joining in with the first challenge at ABAC.
Juliaxx

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

LOL! That is too funny. Love it.

Lori said...

What a fun burlap hanging!

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee,

Love this -- and I know I saw this saying on pinterest..... tee hee.

Good luck with the challenge!

Hugs,
kay

May said...

LOVE IT!!! Very wise words... Brilliant.. Hugs May x x x

BJ said...

I want one. I am Christian AND OCD so one would be perfect in my kitchen. In fact I could alter an old badminton racket perhaps on the same theme - LOL BJ "You always make my day"

Margaret said...

Hahaha! This is such a fun piece! I like the mixture of large and small letters and the buttons centering the piece.

Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card Challenges!

Katie said...

I love this! The sentiment is just fabulous!

Carolyn Dube said...

Thanks for the laugh- this is so much fun! You certainly have plenty of patience to be able to do all that lettering!

CarlaKH said...

How fun@ I love anything with burlap and the cute saying is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card!

Christy said...

Oh that is CUUUUTE! Thanks for joining us at ABAC :) :)

Terrie said...

Adorable! This is a great, simple project for 'not a card'. Love it.

Alica said...

very cool! Great idea and sentiment too!
Thanks for joining us at Anything but a Card Challenge - hope to see more from you soon!

Alica ;)

Julie S said...

:D Love this!

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Thanks for sharing your project with everyone at ABAC! Your project is so adorable and the quote made me LAUGH out LOUD! Thanks for the smiles :)

Anonymous said...

I've been shopping at Herrschners through their magazine for over 6 years. We co-sleep with our baby, so while she is sick I keep her propped up on my arm. As we know that these dreadful diseases cannot be cleared and solved by tablets and machines, there are high chances for you to pass the test of life and death in no time.

Stop by my weblog: Vaporizer