Friday, September 14, 2012

12 step program: noun


is a set of guiding principles (accepted by members as 'spiritual principles,' based on the approved literature) outlining a course of action for recovery from addiction, compulsion, or other behavioral problems
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hear there is a 12 step program for just about everything these days and I am beginning to wonder if I need one because I am clearly on my way to becoming a stack-a-holic! lol

 I used the following DCWV stacks:

A Type of Art Cardstock stack
Stardust stack
Animal Crackers stack
Glitter Stack
and
 Really Reasonable Ribbon
Creative Imaginations chipboard letters
Making Memories velvet brad

 
Here is the sketch for the challenge which I rotated to the right and inverted the flags and journaling space since I couldn't write on the Stardust paper.
 
 
My favorite thing to do is to make embellishments, so I used some of my twigs from the backyard to make these adorable little flags, doodling and stitching around the green one.
The big solid brown ribbon is up cycled from something but for the life of me I cannot remember where I got it. I just re-discovered it recently during a "can't find anything, have to clean my craft room moment"..ever have those? lol All I can say is it had velcro on each end, but haven't a clue as to why.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget it's time to link up those ideas for Project Pinterest!
 

9 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Love the use of the twigs for the banner flagpoles.
Great!

okienurse said...

12 step...I belong to one and was telling another member that I think my compulsive behavior issue has sublimated to buying papers, inks, buttons etc! I am driving to Missouri tomorrow to spend the weekend creating and crafting with a friend and it is all part and partial of my disorder! I guess we could start WOYWW each week with a "Hi I'm Vickie and I am a compulsive crafter and hoarder!" Great layout by the way! Have a great week! Vickie

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love this and i love how you made the banner flags!! greatjob

Jean said...

Love your layout!! Just wanted you to know that I got my RAK yesterday! Thank you so much. I will be sending a proper thank you next week.

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, so glad that you did a scrapbook page of your recent gorgeous visitor! Love the LO, he colours are just perfect for His/Her Deerness.

Many congrats on being featured on Donna Downey's blog today!! How cool is that......Crafty hugs, Anne x

enthusiastically, dawn said...

Two birds with one stone: I love the deer and I love the layout. THank you for sharing, dear! ;) Happy Friday, Sandee- heading over to find you on Pinterest!

Rita said...

I love that you up-cycle, too. Amazing what one can find when one cleans--LOL! Lovely deer shots and layout. :):)

Katie said...

I love how you used the twigs for the banners. It goes so well with the theme of the layout. I just love those shots of the deer, they are really awesome!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is the thing I like. Making a project your own. I love my friend Kathy, but she wants to recreate everything exactly the same. I don't do that because I think you should put your own spin on any project. This was impressive, whether you are needing a 12 step program or not (grin).