Sunday, September 16, 2012

hypnotizing: transitive verb


To fascinate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try it on Tuesday - Anything Goes For September
Anything But A Card - Challenge 2 Texture
 
After doing my background I tried something new for this piece,  I began layering wax paper between painting, gesso and inking. When the board was completely covered in wax paper I added the netting for the heart, the sentiment ( using the wax paper transfer technique ) and embellishments.

I discovered that Tim Holtz alcohol inks added to the paint drips gave a very cool effect. It re-acted to the paint like it was alive, swirling and running it's own course, hypnotizing to watch it happen!
 
gesso
acrylic paints
gel medium
wax paper ( straight from the kitchen )
misc. netting ( love those fruit netting bags, don't you? )
Liquid Pearls
Prima embellishment
butterfly wings ( bought from Walmart as a hair clip which I removed )
puff paint ( for the butterfly body )
Farber Castell, Pitt Pens ( love these!! )
Charcoal pencil ( finally used after having it for several months! )
brick stencil ( new favorite stencil, love it )
alcohol inks ( need more colors, they are addicting! )
distress ink and daubers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Project Pinterest where you get to show off your pins and what you create!

18 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, I think your creative mind was on overdrive on this piece. So many textures, colours and so much to look at. I love the wall at the back, the heart is beautiful, as is the butterfly - a really stunning piece and the sentiment is perfect. Crafty hugs, Anne x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...Sandee this is an awesome piece of work, it made me smile immediately...I loVe It...Mel :)

Annie said...

Hi Sandee love the background of this project x beautifully decorated with lots of techniques and texture. TFS Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a wonderful hanging. I like how you described the AIs mixing with the paint. It was mesmerizing to read. I can only imagine as it was happening.

Like you, I love freebies and the netting is always a fun thing to incorporate. And of course, I like the sentiment, too!

You don't have to tell me how far behind I am. I'm slowly trying to catch up. I would love to put my computer in the shop, but then I wouldn't be able to eat for a month (grin).

TwinkleToes2day said...

This is absolutely beautiful Sandee. I can't say I understood really what you used and did but I do know I love the result :0)

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee,

Oh, love this! Hmmm, I don't think I have a charcoal pencil. I read on another project that they used the same kind of pencil. Maybe I need to go shopping......

This came out beautiful! Is it going in your shop?


Hugs,
Kay

Christy said...

This is just gorgeous!!!!!! Thanks for joining us at ABAC!!! :) :) :)

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness!! I love this SO much! And now I can't wait to try that paint experiment ;)
Thanks for the inspiration! xoxo

Katie said...

This is very very cool! I love how creative you are in all of your projects!

Corrinne said...

Super cool and just so creative! Adore the vibrant colors, too :) Thank you for sharing this with us at Anything But A Card Challenge.

I invite you to join me at the Anything Goes challenge here: http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/09/challenge-1-anything-goes-spark-your.html

Lots of joy,
Corrinne

Carolyn Dube said...

Wonderful dreamy look to this!!

Margaret said...

Gorgeous!The bricks make a wonderful backdrop for the textured heart, and the drips of paint fit perfectly with the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at ABAC!!

Teresa Jaye said...

oh so pretty - love the brick background and all of the layers on top of it. Great sentiment too!

Julia S-W said...

Great textural project here Sandee! I love all the different elements you've combined here and I'm loving all the mediums you've utilised. I'm so glad you shared this at ABAC and you hit the 'texture' nail right on the head too!
Juliax

Rita said...

Not exactly sure how you did this but it is really cool! :)

Kalea Wavedancer said...

Preeetttyyyy!

Linda said...

O WOW! How cool can it be!

Deena said...

this is an awesome use of texture and techniques...love what you came up with!!! Thanks for joining in the Anything But A Card texture challenge...new challenge starts tomorrow and I hope to see another of your creations!