Monday, July 9, 2012

starting point: noun

earliest limiting point

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I know I could go out and buy a new bathroom cabinet, but then I like to upcycle as many things as I can. Plus, I get to add my touch to them and that's the best part to me. So I took on my outdated, boring, bathroom cabinet....


What intrigured me from the pins were the color inside the cabinets. You don't have to have plain boring white anymore...yay!! That got me to thinking, and this is what I came up with:
And yes, I removed the "normal" things in my cabinet and replaced them with some prettier stuff, I mean who wants a picture of aspirin bottles and vitimins for the picture? This paper came from DCWV Animal Stack. I love the plaid mix of green, pink and gold tones, and it looks so fresh! I adhered it to the back of the cabinet with Scor-Tape. I painted the inside of the cabinet with Patio Paint Fern Green. ( 3 coats, foam brush )

I also painted the swing door to the cabinet, papered it with DCWV Shimmer Stack paper, added a trim piece from the Animal Stack collection and finished it off with a pink satin ribbon and bow from Really Reasonable Ribbon. I also hand sewed a border around the paper, first securing the 2 12 x 12 sheets with masking tape, which is covered up by the middle trim piece. The entire piece was mounted with Scor-Tape.

So you can see, Pinterest can be a starting point, and idea...you don't have to do it exactly their way if you don't want to, it's up to you to decide. So let's see how a pin has inspired you, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Here are the guidelines for Project Pinterest:
1. Decide which pin on Pinterest you’d like to recreate.
2. Create it!
3. Flop or success, create a blog post about your re-do and include the original pin’s url.
4. Add the Project Pinterest button to your post so others can join in too!
* From now on to be considered a "Featured Pinner" you need to add the Project Pinterest button to your blog please.
5. Link up and check out other bloggers’ posts!

12 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Very nice job!

Redanne said...

Brilliant face lift on your cabinet Sandee, now with the money you saved you can go out and buy more crafty products ....just saying. The cabinet looks very posh now! A x

Maureen Hayes said...

Sandee,

I LOVE how this turned out! What a super smart idea to up cycle your existing cabinet instead of replacing it. I much prefer a one of a kind piece myself over whatever everyone else is buying at the big box stores!

Great job reinterpreting the pin!

Maureen AKA scrapgirl1467

P.s. see ya tonight!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

so pretty and feminine!

Terri said...

What a fab way to upcycle an old cabinet! The colors you used look so fresh.
I love the idea of being inspired through Pinterest. I am loving pinning, and find inspiration there often.
Hugs,
Terri
of to see yor Pin boards : )

Terrie said...

What an easy and amazing overhaul of a basic and boring cabinet! Good for you to tackle it! This could work on shelves or old dresser drawers, just about anything that opens and then on the inside you have this pretty surprise!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

This looks great--I have two cabinets that I may give this treatment to. Thanks for sharing!

BJ said...

Great cabinet Sandee. I guess you've been too busy with that for your jar but dying to see what you come up with and glad I inspired you with my ATC as I thought the colours were FAB. BJ (working on next weeks already and would you believe I did a double scrapbook spread a few years back when DH took me to see the butterflies, I might have to post that next week too - oh and the compilation!!)

505whimsygirl said...

Hey Sandee,

VERY cool! I love the colors in that paper too.

Hugs,
Kay

Rita said...

That's a really cute idea! Great job. I can't do things like that as a renter, so I'm jealous of your pretty medicine cabinet. ;)

Teresa Jaye said...

Awesome job! This came out gorgeous, I love the colors and the idea is fab!