Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pink by Design Anniversay Challenges

Pink by Designs are having hourly challenges! I missed the first one, darn it!! Olympics got in the way! lol

any holiday that chocolate is the mainstay food group is my favorite!! I lucked out on this one as I had some Easter die cuts sitting around, so this card came together fast, good thing since there are 2 more challenges already in the makings!
pull out the bunny...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Challenge #3 - Embossing
paper went flying with this challenge, I almost didn't think I was going to even like it but I think it's one of my favorites. I had some extra tea left over from yesterday ribbon dying fiasco and gave this ribbon a quick dunk to tone it down a bit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge #4 - Silhouettes
This came together very quickly, and I have to admit that cutting the corners off large moons on Halloween cards are fun for me, I love that little detail.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

challenge #5 Ombre
( broom )
This was almost an oops! I originally made a tag and when I went back to enter it, saw it was cards or Lay outs, went dashing back to the room and quickly cut off the top of the tag and  put it on a purple base...whew....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
skipping challenge #6 to give me more time, need to breathe!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Challenge #7 Tag Your it
( using up some old American Craft stickers )
This was more relaxing, as I let the stickers do the work for me, although when I stamped on the sign I should have used Stazon because I smudged the words and had to go back over the letters with my black slick writer! I also dismantled his arm so it would drape over the sign like I wanted it to.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge #8 -  Ribbon or bows
( cut ribbon for grass, and added a ribbon stem for the pumpkin, plus using the ribbon for the tie )
Being that I am finishing up on 31 days of Really Reasonable Ribbon, working with ribbon was a breeze. I used fringe scissors for the grass and a running stitch for the pumpkin stem which I tucked under the ribbon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Challenge #9 - Buttons
There is more sparkle to this card than you can probably see, but I like black and white cards with a little bling and embossing. Also used a flat button, from chipboard because it weighs less and isn't bulky when I mail it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge # 10 - Go Wild!
LOL, I couldn't resist making a monkey tag out of chipboard. CCR made it easy by welding the shapes together for me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, pooped...I tried to get all the challenges done but I gave out of energy and didn't get to challenges 11 and 12. My craft room is a mess! lol
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their last challenge was using things found in your junk drawer combined with a sketch. Think I'll be cleaning out my drawer and watch the Olympics once I get my junk card uploaded. It was fun today, but hectic :) I am using a box of matches ( cut apart ) and a chunky shoe lace. ( Why do I have 1 shoelace in my drawer? )


8 comments:

Lisa Norris said...

What a cute little bunny! Thanks so much for helping us celebrate today at Pink By Design! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Golly, this is so, so cute. I wish I worked as fast as you. I would be finished with my project I've been working on for awhile. Would you come join me? Just think how much fun you would have playing in my non-Timmy stuff! I'd love to work with someone who can work fast. I'm such a perfectionist, even while I'm making a whole bunch of mistakes. But, back to the bunny. I would love to come to lunch.

LiliansArt said...

cute!! bunny card just love it oh the colors make me happy wish it was spring again

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, you could be an Olympic crafter! Love all of your cards today, don't know how you work so fast. Just watched Ryan Lochte win the 400m men's medley - brilliant!! Crafty hugs, Anne x

Rebekah said...

Love the bunny!! great job!

dawnmercedes said...

Hey, thanks for all the comments you've posted on my blog today...I really appreciate it. Ustream is really the pits for me tonight too. It took me 29 minutes to get video...I totally missed the "use junk" idea for the last card. haha.

Love that pumpkin tag with the ribbons. And the chocolate bunny...super funny with those staring eyes!

Glad you could participate!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what wonderful projects!!!!!!

An'Jenic G. said...

Wanted to stop by and say thank you so much for visiting my blog.

2.I love the pearl add to the ribbon on your basket.

3.Great paper and the music strip on your 3rd card is perfect.

4.Oh love your take on silhouettes

5. OMG look at your cute little broom!

6.Ya I some missed 7. When I went to the site they had 8 but now 7. lol

7.You sure you don't like Halloween? Your tag is awesome!

8. Love take on ribbons or bows. I love the cats and the grass is awesome!

9.Love the elegant look of this
card!

10. I have to say this was one of my favorite challenge! your monkey is so cute and look at the bow.

I missed the first one! I got up at 7am Wash. State time and only hand an 1hr. I dont think they thought of use way over here. lol

I love your junk card is awesome. I love the shoe lace and the box of matches used.

Anyway thanks again for stopping by my blog.