Tuesday, July 31, 2012

meld: verb intransitive

To become merged
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here it is the 31st day of my 31 days of ribbon! I have used ribbon on a new project, every day for the month of July, which also means I completed 31 projects too! whoop whoop!! This was a big goal for me and I did it!! yay!! the crowd goes wild!!  Gold medal for moi! lol

ok, so maybe I am on Olympic overload! hee hee
I have been working on Barbara's gift for her birthday ( waves hi to Barbara if she is peeking at my blog, she doesn't leave comments, she is one of my blog stalker friends!! ) and this is her gift bag. I recycle gift bags, and there is a chance this is her bag originally, lol Anyway, I cut the flower from the Paper Trimmings cartridge in the colors to match the bag. Doodled on it and sewed a button in the center. The butterfly was cut out of the Cricut Paisley cartridge and set it in my spray box and went to town with almost every single mist, Tim Holtz alcohol ink and distress reinker that I had, plus misted it with water to make everything meld together.
I used an Action Wobble under the butterfly to give it a bouncy feeling and couldn't help but sit there playing with, making it bob around and this picture shows a little bit of that. If my battery had been charged on my camera, I would go back and take another picture on a slower shutter speed. As it is, I am just trying to meet deadlines!

Action Wobbles - Wobble Wednesday Challenge #20
Pan Pastels - Challenge #29, Schools out, or Buttons and bows
Pause Dream Enjoy - Challenge #30, Sports and Hobbies
Die Cuttin Divas - Challenge 76, Anything Goes

Paper Trimmings, and Paisley cartridges
Really Reasonable Ribbon sheer butterfly ribbon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How's every one's flowers holding up with the hot summer's heat? I am trying out an experiment. This is my Lantana severely cut back. It was all scraggly and pitiful looking and my online/magazine garden club says to cut back plants like this now to the crown and fertilize, and it will hopefully be beautiful again in a month or so...I'm a little doubtful but I'm trying it out. Usually I throw them away and buy a new one, lol This is actually day 4 since the cut, and I can see a little growth already forming....or it's just wishful thinking!!


18 comments:

Julia S-W said...

Love your excitement at the Olympics! It's manic in London and even my Husband is following! I've always been an armchair sports enthusiast so I'm currently in heaven!
Your bag is so bright and colourful and just makes me smile to look at it! Just what I need on a rainy UK morning - in SUMMER!!
Your Lantana is certainly showing signs of growth and shame on you if it finds it's way into the compost bin - it would be fun to see updates on its progress. . . . .
Have a great day.
Juliax
Thanks for following too!

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, yep, you get a gold medal from me! Congratulations! Anyone who can craft 31 days on the trot certainly deserves gold. Love your bag for Barbara - why? Because it has a gorgeous and wobbly butterfly on it! Love it and going to try that idea too, now where have I put that wire.........Crafty hugs, Anne x

CraftygasheadZo said...

Super colourful bag! Wow 31 projects, that takes some doing. Take care Zo xx

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a fun gift bag- love butterflies

Craftychris said...

Fabby gift bag and the butterfly is awesome! That is serious pruning of that plant! xx

Nana said...

Very pretty bag.

Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never even heard of Lantana, so good luck with this plant. I hope it makes it. It's pretty scraggly now (grin).

Nice way to recycle a gift bag. I've never heard of wobbles before either. I have heard of pan pastels, but don't own any. Guess I don't know about all these new fangled products everyone in mixed media are using.

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. :) Janis

Kim said...

Geezz Sandee. I wish I had your energy. Congrats on the 31!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Those lantanas are nigh indestructible though, so give it time and it will be beautiful again. As long as we stick to the twice a week watering schedule (or every other day for that one annoying plant) everyone is trucking along. One plant had to get moved as it started getting sunburned so its looking a little tough. I repurpose gift bags like crazy too but I don't usually bother to decorate them up. I like the big flower and wobbly butterfly. That makes a nice addition. Maybe I should rethink my bags-as-is plan.

Terrie said...

Congrats on the ribbon project! Isn't it great to start a big project like that and not lose steam over the month? I've watched each of those projects and they're all so different and you definitely used some cool ribbon. Who knew?

I love lantana - we had it all over our yards in Las Vegas. It's one of the few blooming plants that would survive the heat. We cut them back all the time....they are like a weed and came back in full force. Hope yours does the same.

May said...

Big congrats on sticking with the 31 days of using ribbon...GB Team award you a Gold...love the bag & butterfly Sandee.. great job... Hugs May x x x

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sandee,

I'm sad to tell you that my bird, Tulip, passed away on Monday. So, I was out in my yard making a burial spot for her. THAT's the closest I've gotten to gardening all dang year. I cut back my silver lace vine and need to spread out some mulch.

I'll be joining WOYWW tomorrow so I'll see you then.

Hugs,
Kay

Migdalia said...

Super Cute & Fun Gift bag!
Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Migdalia
DCD

Olivia said...

Such a lovely bag. Thanks for joining us at PDE Challenge.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Such a beautiful gift bag, I love the bright colours and the flower with the button in looks fab. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Cathy P in AZ said...

Your gift bag is a colorful beauty! Thank you for joining us at the A Muse Studio Challenge Blog!

Pat N. said...

Pretty bag, Sandee! Great flower! Thanks for sharing at DCD this week.