Tuesday, July 17, 2012

horizon: noun

The apparent intersection of the earth and sky as seen by an observer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know how you set up your mini albums, but I always try and do a poem, or something that sets the tone for the album on the first page. Found these "beach rules" on Pinterest ( and thought it was perfect for it. ) Doodled some clouds behind the words, and shaded with chalks then added a couple of seagull stickers. I also added white paint around the edge of the page using my finger.

The second page, using the same blue paper as the first page ( I like my pages to tie together with color a little bit ), using Really Reasonable starfish ribbon as a horizon to imply the ocean. Again doodled and shaded the clouds just like I did on the first page to carry over my theme.
I love sinking things into the sand on layouts of the beach. I bet if I go back and look at previous years you will find this is one of my favorite techniques. I use a water pen to draw my line and then tear the page to give it that soft ragged look. I also doodled on the word 'beach' to help it stand out a little bit more. The beach word cut from Out Of Character cartridge using a variety of different fonts and welded together on the Cricut Craft Room. ( First letter at 1.0" and remaining letters at .5" ) Only the bottom half of the title is adhered to the page so the photo can be slipped in later.
And I loved the fact that Fantabulous Cricut's challenge this week: Challenge Me Monday #120- Sunny Days is to use the sun in your project so it was my starting point for this page. I knew I was going to pop dot it up over the corner of where the picture goes, ( so again the photo can be slid in at a later date during the vacation ) I added some of Tim Holts Distress Ink to the rays and hand stitched the center of the sun for some added detail. Cut from Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge ( 2.0" ), and the center was cut from Paper Trimmings cartridge ( 1.25" )

Page 1 and page 2 laid side by side:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So where do you find your inspiration? If it's from Pinterest, and you made something, then please, link up to
Project Pinterest!!to show it off!

12 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

ok this is just too cute!

Sonya said...

What clever pages! Love it!! So very glad you entered at FCCB this week!

Katie said...

This is awesome! I love the "beach rules"! I'm currently working on my first mini album, but I am going to use a poem or something similar on my next one, I just love that idea!

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, your pages are truly amazing, love the sun, the blue colour - everything! A x

xxcalamityxx said...

Fab pages hun,thanks for joining us at FCCB this week
xhugsx
Nikki

Pat N. said...

I like it, Sandee! Your mini-album for your friend is coming together very nicely. I saw your cover page too; so much detail, wow! Love the Beach rules and the photo mat in the sand--that IS a cool technique. But I must ask. Where did you get that shape idea? Is it a chipboard album, or did you just freehand that?!--Pat

Tracey FK said...

loved your last few posts as well, but this one is special... I like how you set the word into the sand... it looks awesome... you are so skilled and creative with your paper arts... very impressed every visit...xx

Queen Lightwell said...

I love how they tie together just so! And the saying almost looks, with the whitish edge, like it was written on a stone paver...the kind you would find up north on a trail from the lakehouse to the lake. :)
Also think I'm going to try out that "sinking" technique of yours...I'm intrigued by it, not sure I can do it, but interested all the same! :)
The album for your friend is coming along very well...I bet after she gets it and fills it up, you will have *converted* your friend to a scrapper! lol
Deeyll

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Excellent! I love how they tie together so well and continue the theme. It seems like that is a no-brainer but I've seen too many examples of that gone awry (done it myself too). I like your technique of sinking things into the sand and really need to do that more often. I also squealed when I saw that you doodled on the word BEACH. That is the perfect solution to make a word stand out. I am so going to stick that nugget into my brain for future use.

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

Love your LO! Great poem on the first page. Love the treatment on your sun and beach. Doodling is so much fun. Thanks for sharing with us @ FCCB!
Blessings,
Belinda

Kalea Wavedancer said...

AND SPY A MERMAID

Kraftin' Kathie said...

This is so clean and fresh looking...I really like the look. I also love how you placed the photo mat down in the sand! Great job. Thanks so much for joining us over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge...good luck. Kathie