Sunday, July 15, 2012

copacetic: adjective

very satisfactory

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love quotes and I love wall hangings, so being able to combine them together is just copacetic for me!
The quote reads:

We are all a little weird and
Life's a little weird.
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it love.
Dr. Seuss

 Because the signs are so lightweight, they can be hung with a push pin! I always hang my most recent wall sign and it's fun for me to see which one's are my favorite, cause they remain up the longest. ( I have 4 hanging currently, including this one. So far, there are 3 that are holding the favorite spot for quite awhile! )
 I added lots of sparkle and shine with stickles and gems to the sun's ray which are made of Really Reasonable Ribbon, twine and DMC floss. I used my Silent Setter to punch the holes in the paper to thread the ribbon and twine through them.
I cut the birds out of paper and used Really Reasonable Bakers Twine to create their tails and wings, and stamped some small flourishes to 'express' their love, although I have to laugh at the male bird's eye, it's rolled to the back like he is looking for a way out of this whole love trap he fell into!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loving the projects that everyone is submitting for Poject Pinterest and if you want to add yours, then link up and let us see what you created!

16 comments:

Kalea Wavedancer said...

Copacetic-nice word!

Unknown said...

"Copacetic" was one of my dear father's favorite words. What a sweet quote and card.

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, this is sunny, bright and gorgeous, love your stitching and the saying is just lovely. A x

bellefrogworks said...

Love that quote and that wall hanging is about as sweet as can be. I've always said that we become friends with people whose weirdness we find attractive - because we are all weird.

Kim said...

Awww Sandee. You outdid yourself. I love this quote. What a pretty piece. Maybe that's why we became bloggy friends. :)

Teresa Jaye said...

oh, I adore this! Love the bright colors and whimsical design and the quote is perfect! Awesome job!

Terrie said...

Cute wallhanging and great quote.

I understand it's pretty hot back there so you might not want to use your oven to make cornbread right away but I hope you don't lose the recipe cuz it's really worth a try.

Maureen Hayes said...

Love the word, love the quote and love the tag! Maybe we are friends because our "weirdness" is the same?!! LOL!

Thanks for brightening my day as always!

Dawn said...

Ooh Sandee, this is so bright and cheerful, I love it. That quote is amazing too, made me chuckle my socks off and really cheered me up.
Thank-you honey.
Hugs x x x x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Did you sew? You go, girl!

Love your comment on the male bird.

Rita said...

This is just darling! I have never heard that Dr. Seuss quote. Nice one. :)

Joni Parker said...

Very cute...love all your projects. Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

BrendaB said...

oh my gosh, this is adorable! Love that quote! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

Ashley Horton said...

This is so cute!! Love the quote and the fun colors you used! Thanks for playing along with us @ Frosted Designs!!

Teresa Jaye said...

Congratulations on being picked as one of the "top three" at Frosted Designs for this awesome project!

Bonnie Garby said...

Sandee, this is an awesome wall hanging!!! I love it! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.