Sunday, July 1, 2012

cupcake: noun

small iced cake: a small individual iced cake, baked in a paper or foil cup or in a cup-shaped mold

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone, I am so excited that I get to share my news today! Bonnie, from Really Reasonable Ribbon has asked me to be their month long Guest Designer!! Yay, for the entire month of July I am going to devote myself to using ribbon from the Really Reasonable store! That's 31 days of ribbon!!

We are starting off this month with an awesome
RRR Challenge #51 Children's Birthday with Ribbon Theme,
 and I made a cupcake holder! I love cupcakes!!

I just love this 1.5" width Cupcake Grosgrain Pastel ribbon! It was the perfect width for my project.
Cupcake Grosgrain Pastel
I took an empty ribbon spool, removed one end and cut the other end to be flush with the roll, ( sanded any rough edges ) and then inked all the edges. Then I adhered the ribbon to the spool, perfect fit! My next part is a favorite of mine, which is embellishing the ribbon! I added stickles to the small dots and gemstones to the cupcakes! It is a sparkly pastel perfection!

Ranger - stickles: Waterfall, Fruit Punch, and Firefly
gems: My Minds Eye and Creative Imagination
ink: Brilliance, Pearlescene Sky Blue
I added more ribbon to the inside of the cup, to give it a pretty look even when the cupcake has been removed and eaten! I also added a matching circle cut from my Cricut using the Happy Hauntings cartridge. ( It just happens to have a circle on the cartridge, lol ) I used the Cricut Craftroom to get the exact size cut I needed to fit into the bottom of the cup. ( Cricut Craftroom is FREE )

bottom size: 2.85"
inside bottom of cup: 2.75"
paper: DCWV Shimmer Stack
To make it even more special I added a small pedestal for the cupcake by taking a glass fruit cup dish and turning it upside down and then setting the cupcake on top.
I added a cupcake wrapper, wrapped it with Saran Wrap ( that way the holder doesn't get icing on it and can be reused ) and cinched the top with a twist tie. Then using the Bow Easy Tool I finished the top off with a perfectly, easy bow which I glued on with my hot glue gun!

ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon July Club Assortment
And to complete the birthday presentation I tied a ribbon to the the base and hot glued a flower to it.

flower: Maya Road
And voila, you have a wonderful, cute, especially made Birthday Cupcake presentation!

I have trully enjoyed being in the Really Reasonable Monthly Club. At the begining of each month you get a packet of ribbon designed for whatever holiday or season that will be coming up in the next month. Which means you are always ready to start any project well in advance! I LOVE that.

This is what the July Club Assortment looks like:
Monthly Ribbon Club, Domestic

Beautiful, isn't it? Just perfect for summer projects, cards and lay outs!
And who doesn't like getting something in the mail each month?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget, Project Pinterest for the month of July will post on July 9th!

9 comments:

Redanne said...

Who's a clever girl then? Many congrats on being the guest DT, I love your first creation, except I could not really take my eyes off that cupcake......just in case anyone asks - Saran wrap is called cling film in the UK. Well done again! Crafty hugs, Anne x

Terrie said...

What an interesting idea for a regular mailing....I'll have to go check it out - I love ribbon! I love your very clever cupcake holder!

Rita said...

Congratulations! I'd never heard of this ribbon club. I'll have to go check it out. Have tons of fun in July. You're off to a great start. :)

Teresa Jaye said...

oh Sandee, this is completely adorable! I love all the added touches you put in to your projects, and your blog is one of my new favs for sure!

BJ said...

Just looked at your cupcake holder and wondered how you got such a perfect BOW. Then remembered I FORGOT to get a bow maker thingy yesterday at the Craft Barn!! -Bother. THEN I read through your post and found your link to the bowmaker tool (which is quite different to ones I have seen here) so I will have to look out for one of those here in the UK. Thanks Sandee. BJ
Oh and thanks to Anne above for the translation!!

BJ said...

Not sure the Bow-Easy is "Easy" to come by in the UK! LOL - BJ

505whimsygirl said...

Hey Sandee,

Oh, love that cupcake, cupcake! How very cool that you'll be guest blogging for the entire month! Way to go!!!!

Say, I should know what magazines you've been published in but I don't. Please shoot me an email to let me know. I'd like to get a copy.

I'm sitting in Starbucks (another place with air conditioning) catching up on my favorite blogs. I actually did a "project pinterest" yesterday so I have one ready to go!! Woo hoo.

Hugs,
Kay

cherry said...

Well helllllllllllo Sandee! I am waving hello from Oregon! sSo happppppy to have you with us this month! Love your cupcake cutie..perfect! I am reading a book right now based in north carolina the peach keeper.....love southern b00ks. cherry

Kim said...

Wow Sandee.... I love it! I can't get over how cute that is....I think I'll have to "borrow" that idea. Waving back at you. It's adorable.