Monday, April 21, 2014

Color separation

A traditional photographic process of separating artwork into component films of cyan, magenta, yellow, and black in preparation for printing to ultimately create a full-color printed product. Recent computer innovations have obviated the need for separated film negatives in certain applications.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just LOVE this house stamp by Susan K. Weckesser called Heartfelt Warmth and just about use it on everything, seriously, it's that cute!!

I used the same ink that I stamped with to "re-color" the flower as the original blue did not match. The design on the house came from the Grandma's Needlepoint stamp and instead of using an acrylic block I just held it in with my fingers so I could press the end of the stitches onto the house instead of drawing bricks or something like that.

I love the embossed ink and the tiny sentiment which I printed out, then cut out, inked the sides and doodled along the edges before gluing them down. The striped twine just adds a little more whimsy to the tag.

entering my house stamp tag into:
Simon Monday Challenge - Big Stamp

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!! I can see why you like to use it. Loving the red and grey together.
Huggss,
Yvonne

Jean said...

How cute is this!

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

ok ok ok.. I want this STAMP!!!! I want it I want I IT!!! lol Its super cute!! I was loving the album.. but here you are again uding it again and its calling me!! Don't you hear it???

Anna said...

What a cute little tag! Love your color choices.
I was drawing funky little houses this morning on scrap paper, trying to decide if I wanted to do a page in my art journal, so this brought a smile to my heart when I saw your post!

Granny Korner Craftingwithartgrandma said...

leaving some homespun love on your blog Love this house tag...

Unknown said...

So very cute.... and inviting... Love it

Unknown said...

Cute tag I love it!

Carole Z said...

Hi Sandee, I love this gorgeous tag - such lovely vibrant, inviting colours and you're right, what a fab stamp! Sending hugs from across the ocean, Carole Z X

Nancy said...

So much detail makes this fun to look at!

Beulah Bee said...

That IS a great stamp and you have made a really nice tag.

Pam said...

This is such a sweet little tag!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love your house, so cute and I adore the hearts in the door. Great idea. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous! I love houses and this is most fun! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Katy said...

Love your house! That's a clever way to use the stamp! Congrats on being picked at Simon Says. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the win at Simon Says!! It was a no brainer that they picked it. ;-)

Huggsss, Yvonne

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

you shoulda won $100!! :)

Maura said...

Darn cute!! Congratulations.

Darnell said...

This is really worthy of the win at SSS Monday, Sandee! Congratulations!! Hugs, Darnell