Thursday, April 17, 2014

Color permanence

Refers to a pigment’s lasting power. Tubes and other containers of paint are sometimes labeled with a code indicating a color’s degree of permanence.
Letter codeDegree of color permanence
AAHighest
AStandard
CLess than permanent, though fairly durable
CFugitive

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't even remember making the background on this art journal page, it was so long ago, but it sat in my art journal hoping to become a page one day. Frankly I wasn't sure that day was actually going to come at all...it sat, and it sat. I would flip through my journal and run across this page and shrug and move on....until today.


I had a couple of small scraps leftover from Susan K. Weckesser's Beautiful Daydreams and just couldn't throw them away either. ( A pattern is emerging, I don't throw things away very well, lol ) So, I fussy cut them out, pop dotted and doodled on them... and they seem to fit well on the abandoned page.

I also had some fabulous stamps like this one from Grandma's needle point and I thought she would be perfect for holding the kite, so I stamped her on flesh colored paper and then colored her in with some PITT pens.

I also have this very old stencil that just looks like a gust of wind blowing and it fit so perfectly with my theme using my Sakura pens to draw it in.

And for our lettering homework from The Art of Whimsical Lettering, I used p. 80, the Wonky Printing to complete my mantra. Joanne's book is full of great lettering ideas and definitely worth buying plus you get to play along with us and see everyone's wonderful lettering journals over on the FB page!

I am off working on my bear, the deadline is approaching!!


16 comments:

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

Such a cool page.. I love Susan's paper too!! Your wonky lettering is awesome and I love how you remin us to use our pens!! So glad that FD has that book in stock!! Bet it ships faster than amazon!! :) tfs

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

How cute is that image!

Anna said...

I love this Sandee! The background makes for a perfect windy day. I too have a few backgrounds like that,just waiting to speak to me at the right time.

Sandy said...

Isn't it fun when a background that has been done suddenly says use me at the perfect time.. Your girl and kite are just perfect on this page with the wind blowing.. Love the lettering will have to have a go at that one too..
Happy bear painting..
(((hugs)))
Sandy :)

marion armitgae said...

Love the background and the sweet ideas you came up with.. It is so fun to use some of those items you keep 'just in case'. The wonky letters are really cute... I don't have the book but love what you do...

Byrd Street Studio said...

Great , as usual. To me, it looks like a storm is brewing in the bottom left corner and that cloud is carrying it right across the page. Amazing! I love that background. I don't think it would have sat long for me to use it :)

Unknown said...

Awesome, just awesome as usual! Never would have thought to use a stencil the way you do. And the background, looks perfect for flying a kite. I just love what you do.

Pam said...

This is beautiful Sandee! The colors are so vivid and I love the movement of the wind! The little girl with the kite is darling,. I love that she is holding the string to the kite and that the kite is popped up
off the page.
Have a wonderful Easter.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

What fun lettering! That is what first caught my eye! Then the colors and the doodle and just everything. I really like the way the pieces just kept being added to create the whole. The pieces are great individual but create a real WOW when all put together! I also enjoyed the post sharing about the individual parts! Yay!!!

Winnie said...

What a great page! Glad you shared the process as it is great to see how you go back to backgrounds and cut things out other pieces to make your pages. The background is awesome and it goes give movement to the page (she is precious too! Happy Easter!!

Jean said...

Another amazing project!

Meggymay said...

Fantastic page, I have many pages waiting to be finished. Love the sweet girl holding her kite.
Happy Easter.
Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

Another awesome page my friend. I think we've all had pages that just didn't speak to us at the time.....but wow...you finished this one off with a bang! Love all the elements you added to it to make it a very cohesive beautiful page! Always love your work girl.
Hugs,
Yvonne

Carole Z said...

What a fab page Sandee, the little girl is so sweet! Happy a Easter, Carole Z xx

Vicki said...

Love the whole page. That little girl is just darling. The color on her is so vivid, and I love the background. Glad you didn't give up on that page. It was just waiting for all the elements to come together in amazing Sandee fashion

SCarol said...

This is a really lovely page. I love the backround and how you finished it all off. Great lettering too, am thinking of getting the book too. I've got a few unfinished pages like that in my journal that so far I've skipped over - I should have another look at them :)