Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Fairy Garden - Helmar


World Autism Awareness Day logo
-------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my little fairy garden that I created over on the Helmar blog. If you want to know how I made it then please go visit me over there.


I will let you in on a secret that only you, my lovely followers will get to see, which is what I did to the gazing ball, ( btw it's a finial that broke off a lamp ).
This is the gazing ball before, nothing much to look into, is it?

I wanted a special treat for anyone who got close enough to peek into the ball so I glued a sticker onto the bottom, and wow, it magnifies beautifully doesn't it?

As for the sign in her garden "As you wish" is a quote taken from the movie The Princess Bride where the farm boy uses it as a euphemism for "I love you".
What is a euphemism?
A mild or indirect word or expression substituted for one considered to be too harsh or blunt when referring to something unpleasant or embarrassing.

5 comments:

Carole Z said...

Sweeeet! Hope she grants lots of happy wishes!:) Carole Z X

Jean said...

Left you some love over there! So cute!

Craftychris said...

It so cute and magical! The sticker beneath the globe looks fabulous, such a cool Idea! xx

Marlene said...

Love your fairy garden Sandee!! Great idea on the sticker.

Meggymay said...

Love your magical garden, hope you get many wishes.
Yvonne