Thursday, April 10, 2014

Color

A visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect; the visual response to the wavelengths of light, identified as red, blue, green, etc.; primary and secondary colors; warm, cool, and neutral colors, color value; hue; and intensity

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry, I know I have not been blogging like usual but I am just a little busy painting my bear for the Bearfootin' event for my hometown.

--------------------------------------------------

Starting on yet another adventure....teaching.
I'm not over fond of teaching in person, there is no edit button when you are "live". lol But that won't be for at least another month and if it all comes together. Do you ever feel "called" to do something? Doing this class with my ladies from church has been on my mind a lot, so I figure it's something I need to do.


The heart shape I made from card board so they can trace around it easily and the wavy lines came from an OLD journaling stencil from EK Success. I used Dylusion Ink Sprays ( as a water color ) along with a water brush, and my pens are from my SAKURA-Pigma Sensei Manga Pen Set. Keeping the ingrediants simple and the journal small will hopefully keep the non - artistic ladies from getting over whelmed.

13 comments:

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

I always feel like I want to journal scriptures.. but I dont read the bible.. so I would eventually be forced to research scriptures.. or read the bible. lolol Guess it's it nothing wrong with either.. :) This was very pretty and love your writing on this page.. Hope this was a joy for the ladies at church!

Nancy said...

So glad to have found your blog link in the lettering group! Love your work and look forward to seeing some of your Sunday instructional videos. I'm just beginning with the letter, but do keep a blog on quilting. Come visit if you get a chance. And I'll be following your work.

Anonymous said...

You're such a talented lady my friend!! I love this and that bible verse is one of my fave's. Love it.
Hugs,
Yvonne

Unknown said...

Very pretty and inspiring words. Good luck with your teaching venture.

Countrymouse said...

I journal scriptures all the time. I like including them in my Zentangles and doodles. I live in Maine now but I am originally for NC. Beautiful work!
Blessings

Peggy Cain said...

I love your heart and that verse is one of my favorites. You'll do great and I'm sure the ladies will all be blessed!

Pam said...

Beautiful Sandee! I love your color choices!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Meggymay said...

Looks a fantastic piece Sandee, i'm sure your ladies will enjoy the class.
Yvonne

Granny Korner Craftingwithartgrandma said...

Sandee, I love you prayer journals. this one is great, and so glad the ladies at your church want to take classes that is awesome...loved teaching the children in VBS in the summer the craft classes.
Love from another blogger.
Sharon

Lauren said...

To anyone but specifically Tamiko> there is a great bible website on line that has a wonderful search feature www.biblegateway.com. So if you wanted a verse about Love... just search and you will find tons. the bible can be overwhelming to someone that has not look into it much, but the treasures it holds are priceless! Enjoy!!!

Lauren said...

Another comment to anyone interested in scripture journaling...
http://visualblessings.blogspot.com/ check this blog out....

marionarmitage said...

Another beauty
Love the scripture verse, love the description of the process, love what you do and you will do great with your new class.. blessings Marion

Carole Z said...

Beautifiul and so inspiring, hugs Carole Z X